Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a hair mask/conditioner?

Options
  • 20-07-2016 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

I've noticed my hair [which I do straighten about twice a week] is getting a bit dry especially the ends. I've tried the Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner and loads of normal conditioners and I wasn't overly impressed by any of them.

Has anyone got a recommendation for a good mask/intensive conditioner for dry frizzy hair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Coconut oil is great as an intense pre-wash mask!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I've noticed my hair [which I do straighten about twice a week] is getting a bit dry especially the ends. I've tried the Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner and loads of normal conditioners and I wasn't overly impressed by any of them.

Has anyone got a recommendation for a good mask/intensive conditioner for dry frizzy hair?
    I've recommended Pro-naturals hair repair mask that I use to my next door neighbour who has short, wavy hair with dry ends. She has been using it religiously once a week and after each shampoo/conditioner she has applied the Pro-naturals Moroccan argan oil as a leave in treatment, a couple of drops smoothed on the palms and rubbed into the ends and distributed through the hair. A little of the argan oil goes a very long way but it does not make the hair greasy. Check them out - pro-naturals.com/ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Personally love the Macadamia nut mask that Lidl sometimes have and I have seen it in Mr Price, €2 shop etc. The ends of my hair are very dry and this is the only thing that works well for me. My hair is so soft after using it, I can't stop touching it, haha!

I tried coconut oil before but found it didn't wash out properly even after several rinses. It left my hair kind of greasy looking and clumped together although it did feel very soft.

lidl-hair-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Valentina wrote: »
    Personally love the Macadamia nut mask that Lidl sometimes have and I have seen it in Mr Price, €2 shop etc. The ends of my hair are very dry and this is the only thing that works well for me. My hair is so soft after using it, I can't stop touching it, haha!

I tried coconut oil before but found it didn't wash out properly even after several rinses. It left my hair kind of greasy looking and clumped together although it did feel very soft.

lidl-hair-2.jpg

I find rinsing with apple cider vinegar once a week or once a fortnight clears any residual gunk in my hair. After washing and conditioning I fill a litre jug with warm water and a few glugs of acv. I soak my hair ends in the jug then use the liquid to rinse. It clears conditioner and coconut oil perfectly, leaving your hair shiny and squeaky clean. Works for me anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Coconut oil all the way! I wet my hair and melt the oil and comb it through and leave it for a few hours and then wash it! It makes it so soft and brightens it and you can get it in Aldi for 3.99 :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Osmo intensive deep repair mask, TIGI Bed Head Resurrection Shampoo and Conditioner (the red bottle), soap and glory conditioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

My hair is so dry and damaged from colour and hair straightners/curlers :( any masks for colour treated hair :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

Gal44 wrote: »
    My hair is so dry and damaged from colour and hair straightners/curlers :( any masks for colour treated hair :o

I started using this last week and already see the results. My hair is the same as yours.

I recommend what I use once a week - this "for all hair types, anti-color fade formula, hydrates and restores hair's natural balance, restores elasticity, shine and manageability." My daughter & my DIL all use it. Hair colour ranges from very dark brown, curly, long through to mine, white, short pixie, straight.

LinF wrote: »
    I recommend what I use once a week - this "for all hair types, anti-color fade formula, hydrates and restores hair's natural balance, restores elasticity, shine and manageability." My daughter & my DIL all use it. Hair colour ranges from very dark brown, curly, long through to mine, white, short pixie, straight.

Could you maybe say the product too for people who don't want to click on a link?

• Advertisement

Could you maybe say the product too for people who don't want to click on a link?

GingerLily wrote: »

Of course, I just didn't want anyone to think I was advertising a product, here is the link:
    https://www.pro-naturals.com/uk/ and if you want Ireland substitute "uk" with "ie" - but I just noticed they are currently o/s, sorry I didn't notice it before.

But what's the product name?

GingerLily wrote: »
    But what's the product name?
    Pro naturals Moroccan argan oil hair repair mask I see it is available on amazon, uk as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm enjoying the keratin repair range from cien (Lidl) at the moment. Not as amazing as my kerastase or Philip Kingsley but it's less than two euro and im sold

Advertisement