Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are they worth now?

Options
  • 20-07-2016 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

FT707 with matching FP707 power supply and ATU for sale.
    In immaculate condition. What is it worth can anyone tell me?
    Also a Kenwood HF receiver R-5000.
    Asked to sell it for a friend.
    Anyone help on putting a reasonable value on these items please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

I'm not really into HF but I see there's been one FT707 sold on Adverts:

http://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/yeasu-ft707-transciever/2146955

It went for 300 but was without the PSU. That's pretty low for an HF rig, usually they go for 500+. But it is a very old one. I'd say try to put it on the market for 500 with PSU and be prepared to drop to 400 or so. But maybe you should wait for comments from others who are more into HF. Make sure you specify the ATU model as well as there seems to be a lot of difference in pricing for them too.

There was a Kenwood R5000 there too but the seller has removed the price, but he rejected an offer for 250 so it must have sold for more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

I paid£200 for a ft747gx.

At todays rate that's about 70c.

back then, €250?

There are many many good hf rigs from the 80s and later for this sort of money. I've made contacts on hf, cw & digimodes across the bands from 80 -10 m (one snipped brown wire to wide band it to get 30 & 60 m

My ft101b was £100. I switched out the 11 & 15m crystals to get 17 &12m at a cost of 15 mins time as another ham fave me them.

HF is not as expensive as some folk would like to make you think

Advertisement