Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Time window

Options
  • 20-07-2016 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Not sure if this was already answered couldnt find the answer anywhere , I just applied for IEC and was wondering if i get accepted is there a certain date you have to arrive in canada for or can you go whenever you like ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Once you get your Point of Entry letter, you have 12 months to activate the visa from that date (unless that has changed in the last 2 years, but I doubt it has). Either way, it'll say how long you have to active it in the POE.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Collinsfella

Ah thats great thanks alot was worrying it would be 3 months or something

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jmd182

Ah thats great thanks alot was worrying it would be 3 months or something

Its still 12 months :) i got mine approved in June and im going on the 4th feb next yr

Jmd182 wrote: »
    Its still 12 months :) i got mine approved in June and im going on the 4th feb next yr

Thanks , I got invited to apply but im worried because my passport expires in july 2017 and if i got accepted id stay longer then that but i dont know if i should just apply with my current passport or renew it and start all over again

Thanks , I got invited to apply but im worried because my passport expires in july 2017 and if i got accepted id stay longer then that but i dont know if i should just apply with my current passport or renew it and start all over again

I think best option is to contact someone from the C

• Advertisement

I think best option is to contact someone from the CIC website . Id say they.come across this issue all of the time.

I read on the visa acceptance letter that you need to have a valid passport for the duration of your stay so I would get your passport extended to be on the safe side otherwise it will be so much hassle trying to do it later on, you will have to travel home to renew it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Get your passport renewed first as they won't issue a visa for longer than your passport is valid for. (i.e if you go over now then your visa will expire in july 2017 and you won't get the full 2 years)

I contacted CIC they said i just have to photo copy the old one and show it at point of entry ?

Also when applying to the pool it said invitations for ireland would not be until December 2016 but i received a invitation today to apply for a work permit ? Kind of messed me up because im still in the process of getting the documents needed and i only have like 19 days left

• Advertisement
Advertisement