Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCloud account greyed out after iPad restore

Options
  • 20-07-2016 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

I really hope someone can help me please. Our virgin internet is such a joke, I thought it was an iPad problem. So last night I tried to wipe the ipad2. It signed out of iCloud. Anyway when I went to restore it, it wouldn't accept my password even though we pressed "forgot my password". I then tried to log in with Apple ID for my iPhone which worked. But mow it won't let me delete account and try and sign in with iPad id :(

When I go to settings->iCloud->it says "you cannot delete your iCloud account because your iPad has been restored". The id is also grey at the top.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's still restoring from iCloud, not helped by the poor connection, I guessing. You need to let it finish. You should have chosen to set up as a new device.

Why do you have a different Apple ID for your iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

It's still restoring from iCloud, not helped by the poor connection, I guessing. You need to let it finish. You should have chosen to set up as a new device.

Why do you have a different Apple ID for your iPad?
    Thanks a million. So when it fully restores I can switch it?
    We have different ideas because when we orginally bought it we set it up same as iPhone but some iMessages would go to iPad and not phone. Then I would miss them on my phone. I dont really want messages going to iPad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yes once it's restored you should be able to log out. It shouldn't take that long though. Are their apps still installing on the home screen?

There's really no need for separate Apple IDs as you can control what messages are received on the iPad in settings. Unless, of course, you're sharing the iPad amongst your family or something and don't want your photos, contacts and stuff being accessed on the iPad.

Oh gosh no I just share with my husband and toddler! Apps were still installing so I just deleted them! It still won't let me change ids and won't update the latest software :(

Maybe try restarting?

Are Restrictions enabled by any chance? That would probably prevent you from logging out as well.

• Advertisement

It's all grey in restrictions but then if I click they turn grey but say enabled? If I do that though it still won't let me change ID

Advertisement