Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rory Gallagher Bar

Options
  • 20-07-2016 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭

I noticed yesterday in Temple Bar where the old Charlie's Chinese restaurant there is going to be a new Rory Gallagher themed bar opening up. Has anyone more info on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

I know there's a Guitar and plaque dedicated to Rory on the corner of Meeting House Square just beside that location. Not sure why that space is synonymous with him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Think I saw somewhere that the people behind Meeting House bar just beside it are opening it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I've seen nothing to show that it will be a Rory Gallagher themed bar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Birneybau wrote: »
    Where would you have seen this? I was told it was a Rory Gallagher bar by a workman doing work outside the bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

It's called Rory Gallaghers, was printed on the menu. Was there for a friends birthday the other week. Front part (where Charlies used to be) is wine only. The bar around the back with outdoor seating on to Meeting House Square sells beer and has taps (I had a very watery pint of Galway Hooker) but it has 0 atmosphere, and wasn't even playing rock music for a bar called Rory Gallaghers.

The actual bar in the beer selling bar is about 4 foot in height and has you looking down on the bar staff, very weird setup and I'd imagine quite awkward if busy. Just an odd place overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Birneybau wrote: »
    Where would you have seen this? I was told it was a Rory Gallagher bar by a workman doing work outside the bar.

Apologies. Just looked like a shell when I passed.

Advertisement