Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning Permission The crescent bin shed

• 20-07-2016 9:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looks like this has reared its head again. I'm trying to find the objection letter I had previously.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

PP site notice attached

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lalelli

is it a coincidence that planning permission is put up when people are on holidays??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

What's the background here?

LEIN wrote: »
    What's the background here?

Land behind the crescent previously owned by zapi and had planning refused for a load of apartments.

Land hat been sold to cairn and new planning up for a load of three story houses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Land behind the crescent previously owned by zapi and had planning refused for a load of apartments.

Land hat been sold to cairn and new planning up for a load of three story houses

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I'm trying to find the objection letter I had previously.

Why are you objecting?

2011 wrote: »
    Why are you objecting?

Because they're going to build houses that require access through the existing estate that is over run by traffic and also will be significantly visually dominant over the existing houses and apartments.

Same as before

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Because they're going to build houses that require access through the existing estate that is over run by traffic

I can understand your objection on this point.
    also will be significantly visually dominant over the existing houses and apartments.

Will it just be a case of making a large development even larger? More of the same?

2011 wrote: »
    I can understand your objection on this point.

Will it just be a case of making a large development even larger? More of the same?
    Different styles and they will significantly overlook all the existing properties and block light to existing properties, the land is between10-15 feet higher than the existing development.

There's also not enough water and waste water supply as charlesland is over subscribed

Different styles and they will significantly overlook all the existing properties and block light to existing properties, the land is between10-15 feet higher than the existing development.

There's also not enough water and waste water supply as charlesland is over subscribed

Fair enough, I see your point.
    Thanks for explaining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Because they're going to build houses that require access through the existing estate that is over run by traffic..
    "Overrun with traffic" might be a bit of an exaggeration.
    Anyway I see from the PP notice that 43 houses would have direct access from the Kilcoole Road, and only 7 accessed via Ch. Park. So 7 more houses is not very significant.
    Presumably there would be no through road between the two access points, at least not initially anyway. But if there was, it would actually result in less traffic around the single Spine Road access point. More in Ch. Park though, as people in other parts of Charlesland would use it as a handy access point to the Killincarrig/Delgany areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lalelli

Anybody know until when one can object?

Another two weeks I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,108 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Emma A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Emma A wrote: »

"the scheme will be accessed of the quaint Kilcoole Road (R761)"

quaint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Emma A

nightmare right behind us in the last row it looks like... I didn't even see planning application

I had objected the last time :mad:

No that's the land between Charlesland and the R774 (where the metal barn stands actually it doesn't include the barn field, just the land to the west of there) - here's the planning application for 192 houses: http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/161412/0

Same developer though. I notice some of the houses will be accessed from the Go Gym roundabout but they're also proposing another entrance from the Kilcoole road (additional to the one that will be created for the development behind the Crescent). Seems a bad idea to add 2 more junctions on that short stretch of road, why wouldn't they have the whole estate accessible from the roundabout?

Emma A wrote: »
    nightmare right behind us in the last row it looks like... I didn't even see planning application

I had objected the last time :mad:

there were loads of objections this time, I doubt one more would have made a difference. The land was zoned for housing so the planners would need a fairly strong reason to refuse it.

Advertisement