Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York & Pittsberg

Options
  • 20-07-2016 10:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Feel free to merge but I've trawled back 50 pages & couldn't seem a thread of any use.

I'm planning to book 4 days in New York followed by 3 in Pittsberg as a surprise for my partners 30th in March. She has a sister in New York & a close friend in Pittsberg.

What's the best, easiest & cheapest way of going about this? Bearing in mind we need our own accommodation? I literally wouldn't know where to start as it's going to be my first visit to the states! Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

There are plenty of threads about NYC hotels.

Pittsburgh will be a lot cheaper than NYC. If you want to do research on hotels and things to do, places to eat etc, use tripadvisor.com and yelp.com

If you want to drive to Pittsburgh, you could rent a car. It's about 6.5 hours from NYC, as long as you don't hit crazy traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

expect it to be COLD in March in Pittsburg ! If it were me I would look at meeting your friend 1/2 way maybe Washington DC unless you specifically want to go to Pittsburg? Lots more to see and do in DC and readily accessible from both New York and Pittsburg.

You could book an open jaw ticket - fly into New York and fly home from DC. Book direct with the airline and make sure you have your ESTA in place.

Advertisement