Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I stand

Options
  • 20-07-2016 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

I have been renting in a commercial unit for 11 years,there is an upstairs where I am and ground floor unit ,recently the last couple of weeks the banks have taken over the units and a local estate agent has put it up for sale ,without in forming me only when I contacted agent I was told neither they or the banks knew I was there ,what rights do I have it's my livelihood thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

I have been renting in a commercial unit for 11 years,there is an upstairs where I am and ground floor unit ,recently the last couple of weeks the banks have taken over the units and a local estate agent has put it up for sale ,without in forming me only when I contacted agent I was told neither they or the banks knew I was there ,what rights do I have it's my livelihood thanks

You have a commercial tenancy agreement and have been paying monthly rent on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

davo10 wrote: »
    You have a commercial tenancy agreement and have been paying monthly rent on time?
    Yes I have thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What does your tenancy agreement say?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If I'm not mistaken, potential buyers will have to keep you on at your current rate for the terms specified. Head office I work in, building is up for sale. But it's with the parameter that any suitor will need to accept we are in place, and paying fees which were already agreed.

Estate Agent should have probably explained this to you. Your commercial tenancy probably has dates and timelines no?

Advertisement