Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon Go - Best Areas

• 20-07-2016 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Thought it might be an idea to compare some various areas , seem to find allot of the same Pokemon pop up in a few different places. Heres a few of mine so far:

Ashtown (Royal Canal) - Loads of common types , very regular sigtings Rattata, Pidgy , Spearow , Zoobat, A few stops

Royal Canal - can be scarce in allot of parts and no stops but if walking with incense lots of water types will show , about 1 a minue Psyduck , Starme , Horsee , Goldeen and Magicarp as well as the ususal suspects.

Phibsborough - Loads of stops and lots of spawns not caught anything to rare there yet , but got a few highish 500+ common types around there

Mounjoy Square - The Park there seems to have loads and 3 stops for a small park , i cought two 500+ Electobuzz's there a few Charmanders and two Ponytas's in 10 mins on lunch with incense.

Planning on walking home Via Glasnevin , tonight and the phoenix Park Thursday and spending Lunch in the IFSC and Grand Canal dock b4 the end of the week .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

Would love to get a Cork version of this!

Seems slack enough at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Here's what I have for Cork so far:

Mahon Point Shopping Centre has Voltorbs, Magnemites and your standard Pidgeys, Ratatta's etc. Towards the cinema side of the carpark we seen a Machoke spawn but were to slow to catch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

veXual wrote: »
    Here's what I have for Cork so far:

Mahon Point Shopping Centre has Voltorbs, Magnemites and your standard Pidgeys, Ratatta's etc. Towards the cinema side of the carpark we seen a Machoke spawn but were to slow to catch him.

i got a load of drowzees and jinxs by Sober Lane last night

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Merrion square

Lots of magmars, drowzees and jynx

There were lots of squirtles today too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

bkrangle wrote: »
    Merrion square

Lots of magmars, drowzees and jynx

There were lots of squirtles today too

seeing Merrion square mentioned by a good few people and i no from experience Mounjoy Square is awesom , mite be somthing of a trend with thees small parks in the city center.

Must give stephens green and merrion square a go at some stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I n Belfast

The gasworks are great for a mixture of Pokémon magikarps poliwags psyducks rattatas pidgeys pidgeottos caterpies weedles a good mixture and 7 pokestops to Jeep you going

The ormeau park is another great spot there's scythers to be had and all the above Pokémon plus venonats and other grass types. Usually lures are going steady at the start of the 5k nice green area 3 pokestops on top of each other

No joke on this one lads Glasnevin cemetry is an unreal spot there must be 20-25 poke stops and a gym in the place. Caught a fair few ghost types Gastly and Haunter and enough Evee's that i had enough to evolve one of them to a 1000+ Cp Vaporean

Grand Canal is unreal for water pokemon. You can barely take 2 steps without running into a magikarp or goldeen. Have also caught staryu, psyduck, poliwag, slowpoke and a clefairy around there!

Grand Canal is unreal for water pokemon. You can barely take 2 steps without running into a magikarp or goldeen. Have also caught staryu, psyduck, poliwag, slowpoke and a clefairy around there!

that's top of my hit list , gonna drop over to the dock after work with a lure give it a lash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

slingerz wrote: »

My boyfriend caught a Pikachu this morning in the airport business park.

In the city I seem to be getting loads of zubats, drowzees and clefairys..

Went for a walk around the Mardyke walk and fitzegeralds park yesterday..loads of Pokestops!

• Advertisement

definite +1 on this i cought some serious water types up there yesterday loads of stops too , almost had a Garadose but lost it absolutly sickened. caught ebnough Starme's and Poliwags in 30 mins to get two good evolves and got an 859 CP Dewgone

The whole walk along the quays from the IFSC to Grand canal is also littered with strong water types

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

slingerz wrote: »

Mainstreet Ballincollig has about 8 Pokestops and 3 Gyms.

Two of them are near a Ramen, just go sometime in the evening an there can often be 2 lures there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

If your in Dublin Merrion square , The Zoo and Howth peer are all worth a stop , hit up all three on saturday.

Got 4 Magmars in 15 mins in Merrion square , on saturday the zoo is unbelievable pokestops everywhere and 3 gyms also is a 5k walk caught enough evee's there in 2 hours to evolve a Flareon and a Jolteon.

Howth was awesom for water types caught a Tentacruel , lost a Garadyose , caugh 2 Starme's and a load of seel slow powk ,goldeen , shellder etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Missed out on Hitmonlee in Waterford yesterday, sooner they fix the three footstep bug the better, no chance of tracking him down. I did manage to catch a Weepinbell though, tough little decker, must have used at least 20 poke balls. Waterford is riddled with Weedles, Pidgeys and Rattata

AMGer wrote: »
    Missed out on Hitmonlee in Waterford yesterday, sooner they fix the three footstep bug the better, no chance of tracking him down. I did manage to catch a Weepinbell though, tough little decker, must have used at least 20 poke balls. Waterford is riddled with Weedles, Pidgeys and Rattata

yeh that glitch is a head wreck , loads of Hitmonlee up around Croppys acre park and Huston Station in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Andrew93

Was out in bull island yesterday caught plenty of water pokemon including 5 squirtle, dratini, dragonair, golduck and a Mr Mime. Going to try out grand canal and glasnevin graveyard over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hochspitch

Hitmonlees and Tangelas often spawn in St. Annes Park, generally towards the back where the park leads out to the seafront. Also I've seen a Pinsir pop up once or twice in Rockfield Park in Artane.

Andrew93 wrote: »
    Was out in bull island yesterday caught plenty of water pokemon including 5 squirtle, dratini, dragonair, golduck and a Mr Mime. Going to try out grand canal and glasnevin graveyard over the weekend.

Right thats Bull island added to the list , defititly hit glasnevin its unreal if your in city centre i would go merrion square over Grand canal unbelievable amount of really high CP pokemon in Merrion Square

Good day in the People's Park in Waterford - Slowpoke, Slowbro, 3 Staryu, few Poliwags, Goldeen, Horsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭D3sperado

Mountjoy Square is a nest for Lickitongues

There is a little park on Wilton Terrace (if you were to walk along the canal between Leeson St Bridge and Baggot St bridge) that is a spawn for ponytas (seen three there a few different times).

Merrion Sq is teeming with Magmars but there is also a Vulpix that spawns outside it fairly regularly (South side of the Park, exit halfway along and walk towards Fitzwilliam St should pick it up).

A few Snorlax have been spawning around the vicinity of Samuel Beckett Bridge over the last day or so.

Irishtown Park seems to be a good spot for Bulbasuars and Bull Island as has already been said looks like it has a good variety of uncommon types like pikachu, etc.

Deer Park in Stillorgan has plenty of Onix and clefairies

Hermitage Park in Lucan apparently has a good supply of sychters

There is a little park beside the Ranelagh luas stop (sorry don't know the name of it) that also seems to have a fairly regular supply of Mr. Mimes

Anyone any spawn locations for the 3 starter pokemon (bulbasaur charmander and squirtle)

Was there earlier when there were two lures. Caught about five or six Goldeens, a few Slowpokes, a few Staryus, a few Magikarps and a Psyduck. Was happy enough with that. Shellder and Horsea were nearby in the area but I wasn't able to find them.

Merrion Square, as mentioned previously, is a good shout. Only place I've gotten a Magmar.

If you're after quantity moreso than quality then St. Stephen's Green is decent as there loads of Pokéstops and there are often a few lures there. Place is about 90% Pidgeys though. :p

Anyone any spawn locations for the 3 starter pokemon (bulbasaur charmander and squirtle)

Caught two wild Squirtles in Wateford city centre in the last week (it's a small area). Not seen a Bulbasaur yet, not even in my nearby list. Same for Charmander except I had him as my starter.

In Mitchelstown for the weekend, seems a good spot for Clefairy and Meowth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Crazy amount of pokestops in glasnevin cemetery

Went to glasnevin, was shockingly bad for pokemon. So many pokestops though!

Mitchelstown is actually pretty decent, walked 15 Kms today, caught Abra, Rhyhorn, Mankey, Mr Mime, three +350 CP Eevee's, Geodude, Venomoth, Gloom, Haunter, Ekans, a lot of high CP Drowsees and Pontya. That said its pure rubbish for the quality of eggs, awash with zubats, caterpies in 2km eggs and the crowning glory, a feckin Eevee from a 10km egg! :(

Might take a trip to Merrion square if Magmars are that plentiful

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭FaceCake

Had a run out to glasnevin on the 40 bus. The Graveyard is dense with stops, not much to catch though unless I was unlucky. I'd recommend getting your fill of stops and walking on through to the gate over to the botanical gardens. There was a bit more life in there for me, head on to the back with the river and the rose garden where I saw a nice mix of types. Still plenty of stops around too and some nice scenery for the 5 seconds you look up from your phone every now and again. Couple of people set off lures. Little cafe and all. Some gyms if you are up for that. City center areas are probably more worthwhile for sheer encounter rate but it was certainly a more pleasant walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Dublinlad1989

In Tallaght - The Abberley is good for Eevie, Drowzee, Ghostly, Jynx, Got a Squirtle there earlier on today and the usual Pidgey, Rattata, Weedle etc

Sean Walsh Park is brilliant, there's 4 stops all around the pond and nearly always a lure on it, got a Dratini there, Magikarp, Goldeen seen a few Magmar as well as the usual

Marlay park is great, there's about 10 pokestops leading up to it from Firhouse i've caught a few Ponyta just past Ballyboden Gaa Club and plenty in the park itself, used to be good for hitmanchan but now it seems to be Voltorbs everywhere, a few machops and down by the water a few dratini and Psyduck

The Square is alright but no good pokemon and only 2 or 3 stops but a gym right in the middle

Anyone any good spots out near Tallaght?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭Staplor

Caught two wild Squirtles in Wateford city centre in the last week (it's a small area). Not seen a Bulbasaur yet, not even in my nearby list. Same for Charmander except I had him as my starter.

In Mitchelstown for the weekend, seems a good spot for Clefairy and Meowth

Millenium Park in Blanchardstown (not the industrial estate, the park beside the shopping centre with a playground) has a load of Squirtles. I caught 3 in a half hour the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Caught a 1200 CP Magmar in Merrion Sq today, no Squirtle but I've caught a few (inc a low cp Warturtle) there.

The canal is great, loads of wter and even a bunch of Ponyta's there.

Cabinteely park is very good for Vulpix and Eevee.

Diemos wrote: »
    Caught a 1200 CP Magmar in Merrion Sq today, no Squirtle but I've caught a few (inc a low cp Warturtle) there.

The canal is great, loads of wter and even a bunch of Ponyta's there.

Cabinteely park is very good for Vulpix and Eevee.

Which part of the canal ?

Theres a glitched lure stop right beside my office been on for about 15 mins id say ive already caught 9 Poliwag im only about 4 away from a Poliwrath

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Marnitz

Cabinteely Park on the South Side just became a Vulpix nest. Caught enough in one day to create a Ninetales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Which part of the canal ?

Theres a glitched lure stop right beside my office been on for about 15 mins id say ive already caught 9 Poliwag im only about 4 away from a Poliwrath

I walked from Northumberland road to the Charlemont Luas stop twice and I've managed to get Slowpokes (enough for a 1200+ slowbro), Ponytya, Magiccarp, Poliwags, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donegan246

Any good places in balbriggan or near by for good pokemon,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 donegan246

Any good places in balbriggan or near by for good pokemon,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Skerries is decent along the beach.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

In Dublin at the weekend, where them Sandshrews and Voltorbs at?

mayordenis wrote: »

I've seen Sandshrews at Bull Island but not many of them

My housing estate in Sutton is absolutely littered with voltorbs (and magnemites), I think there's a lot of them in the northside suburbs in general..........but I've bumped into a few in the city centre as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

mayordenis wrote: »

Caught a Voltorb in DCU but I've been here for a few days and i've only come across it that one time

• Advertisement

bkrangle wrote: »
    I've seen Sandshrews at Bull Island but not many of them

My housing estate in Sutton is absolutely littered with voltorbs (and magnemites), I think there's a lot of them in the northside suburbs in general..........but I've bumped into a few in the city centre as well

yeh allot of the bigger suburbs seem to have steel and electric types , i've yet to see a Voltorb out near us in Ashtown or in the City Centre but caught a load in Cabra , Swords and Santry over the last to weeks.

I got 2 magnemites near the ranelagh luas stop yesterday.

Cienciano wrote: »

Supposidly the Train stations , Luas stops and Aerports are ment to be good for steel and electric types but ive got a real mixed bag myself with lures and incese in those areas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Cienciano wrote: »

If I never saw a voltorb or magnemite again I'd be a happy man.

IMG_1739.png
    IMG_1738.png
    IMG_1740.png
    IMG_1690.png

Have to say i've found the Phoenix park a little dissapointing the few times ive been now 1 or two decnt pokemon , got an alright Onyx and 2 or 3 evee's but nothing to write home about comparted to much smaller parks like Stephens green , Merrion Square and Mounjoy Square where i got a load of Growlithe's , Geodude , Magmar , an Aerodactol and a Golduck

Have to say i've found the Phoenix park a little dissapointing the few times ive been now 1 or two decnt pokemon , got an alright Onyx and 2 or 3 evee's but nothing to write home about comparted to much smaller parks like Stephens green , Merrion Square and Mounjoy Square where i got a load of Growlithe's , Geodude , Magmar , an Aerodactol and a Golduck

Yeah, I was in Corcaigh park, a wasteland for pokemon, nothing there. Smaller parks in cities are where to go it seems.

If I never saw a voltorb or magnemite again I'd be a happy man.

That's crazy! The only Voltorb I ever had was from an egg, never seen it in the wild. Same with Magnemite, although I have had it an my nearby list, got 4 from eggs

Clefairy spawns quite regularly at the cricket pitch in Trinity College Dublin...................caught 3 of them today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

That's crazy! The only Voltorb I ever had was from an egg, never seen it in the wild. Same with Magnemite, although I have had it an my nearby list, got 4 from eggs

It's infuriating though. But I think every country has that one pokemon that you can't seem to avoid.

I hear a lot of people from Ireland complaining about Drowsee's. It took me ages to evolve mine! And Eevee's... I'm level 22 and still haven't evolved an Eevee!!

It's infuriating though. But I think every country has that one pokemon that you can't seem to avoid.

I hear a lot of people from Ireland complaining about Drowsee's. It took me ages to evolve mine! And Eevee's... I'm level 22 and still haven't evolved an Eevee!!

Yeh Drowses are like pidgy and Ratata in Dublin City Centre one every 100 yards like . I've manged to evelove 7 Hypno with the amount of them i've caught.

I also had all three eveloves of evee by the time is was level 15 or 16 , though most came via eggs.

Still have never seen a Pikachu or Ponyta in the wild hatched both

• Advertisement
Advertisement