Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon Go - Best Areas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Daxy22 wrote: »
    Wat u using to scan???

I use pokescanner, on reddit r/pokescanner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Cienciano wrote: »

Just to be aware, this won't pick up any spawns that last longer than 15 minutes from what I can see (at least until the de-spawn time is less than 15 minutes).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Are there spawns longer than fifteen minutes?
    I'm torturing myself here scanning a spot with vaporeon spawning and a dozen voltorbs and Magnemite at a time

Stupid autocorrect thinks I mean Napoleon and Voltaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Daxy22

That not get u banned!

That not get u banned!

Can you post a link cheers

Are there spawns longer than fifteen minutes?
    I'm torturing myself here scanning a spot with vaporeon spawning and a dozen voltorbs and Magnemite at a time

Stupid autocorrect thinks I mean Napoleon and Voltaire.

There are some strange new spawn times alright.

As an example, my brother asked me to try find a Mr Mime that was showing on his sightings list last night. I couldn't find it using PokeScanner, when he did eventually find it using one of the other scanners, it had 16 minutes left.
    When the timer got down to about 13 minutes I was able to find it with PokeScanner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

I am finding my local parks have alot more pidgeys and ratattas this week then they used to. before you would barely see them in these particular parks.
    Got a Mr Mime yesterday evening in the Beacon in Sandyford.

I had found a Geodude spot the other day an was planning to go back but it's become a Ponyta spot so that seems legit.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

mohawk wrote: »
    I am finding my local parks have alot more pidgeys and ratattas this week then they used to. before you would barely see them in these particular parks.
    Got a Mr Mime yesterday evening in the Beacon in Sandyford.

Seems to be quite a lot of Mr Mime's near Sandyford. I've seen a good few in the IMI and Ballawley Park as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭gmonov1

Where are you based? I wouldn't mind picking up any of those!

• Advertisement

That not get u banned!

I use fake accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

I'm in cork next week for work and staying in the Oriel in Balincollig anyone know if theres any worth while spawn spots around there or in the city centre ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

quick update on dublin

The Rosie Hacket Bridge is a nest for Poliwag , Poliwhirl , Starme and Magic Carp gaurenteed 4 or 5 in 1 crossing alot more if you hang around for 30mins or so.

The Lost Soul Pokestop between Talbot Street and Abby street is a nest for Electabuzz and some strong ones at that ive gotten 3 in the last 3 dys there at lunch time all of 900CP

Foley Street Park is no longer a nest for Jinx and Growlith but appear to now be one for Manky and Vulpix , 4 Manky spawned together for me this morning.

Mount Joy Square Park is now regularly spawning Quebone , Geodude and Voltorbe.

Is there ny Dratini nest around

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Is there ny Dratini nest around

Previously along the Grand Canal was a likely location. Not sure if the update has shifted locations!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Any good spots to find exeggcute in Dublin? I've got one that hatched out of an egg, but haven't seen any in the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭FaceCake

Toots wrote: »
    Any good spots to find exeggcute in Dublin? I've got one that hatched out of an egg, but haven't seen any in the wild.

I actually grabbed three of them today after never seeing a single one, in or out of an egg. It's a bit out of the way, in a park just past glasnevin. But I want to go back another day to confirm they spawn there now and it wasn't just a freak accident.

FaceCake wrote:
    I actually grabbed three of them today after never seeing a single one, in or out of an egg. It's a bit out of the way, in a park just past glasnevin. But I want to go back another day to confirm they spawn there now and it wasn't just a freak accident.

Was it talka valley park?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

I cant get over how poor phoenix park is. I dont think Iv ever seen anything even remotely interesting there anytime iv been in it. Its not even great for pokestops except for road from the zoo towards the city. And even then theres hardly 10 along that stretch

• Advertisement

dbagman wrote:
    I cant get over how poor phoenix park is. I dont think Iv ever seen anything even remotely interesting there anytime iv been in it. Its not even great for pokestops except for road from the zoo towards the city. And even then theres hardly 10 along that stretch

If you take the slip road to the left of the aras, it leads you to the visitor centre. It's the only place I've founds anything worth talking about in the park.

gmonov1 wrote: »
    If you take the slip road to the left of the aras, it leads you to the visitor centre. It's the only place I've founds anything worth talking about in the park.

I drove up the side of the zoo today coz id read its decent but was feck all.a couple of physducks. Is loads of pokestops inside the zoo. Think farmleigh is meant to be decent too but actual park is horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭timaru89

Loads of Geodudes in Botanic Gardens. Plenty of pokestops too

gmonov1 wrote: »
    Was it talka valley park?

Yeah along beside the tolka and the little golf course there towards the finglas road. Just before the gate I picked up another pair today. It's not exactly falling down with them 24/7 but it seems reliable enough and its easy for me to get to for the next while.

Toots wrote: »

Marley park, heres a scan i just did

7yi73S.png

EDIT: Was another exeggcute on the right of the map too

7yi73S.png

i cant seem to get any of those maps things to work. dumbass that i am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

Barraldo wrote: »
    Was walking through Merrion Square today and I saw the shadow of a Lapras. I tracked it for a bit and then it disappeared from the sightings. I haven't noticed the usual amount of Magmars there, either. There's enough Drowzees, though. Also near the James Joyce bust in Stephen's Green, I've noticed a lot of Horsea spawning.

Merrion Square is very poor now. Tons of Drowzees and very little else.

Its getting hard to add to the Pokedex now. The common stuff is becoming more common and the rest getting increasingly tough to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Any spots in Cork or Dublin that regularly spawn Porygon? (A long shot I know)

What are those birds things on the extreme left?

dbagman wrote: »
    i cant seem to get any of those maps things to work. dumbass that i am
    That one works well for me, but you need to create fake accounts for it. I created 5 and had to log into the app with each one and accept terms and conditions for them to work. Bit of work doing it all, takes about 45 minutes of pissing around with accounts.
    What are those birds things on the extreme left?

Pidgeys. I've only ever got one exeggcute in the wild, so Marley Park looks good for them. Nidoran is the one near the house at the top

Ah, of course. I filter all the vermin out so have never seen that icon before! I don't really understand how to log in with several accounts at once.

• Advertisement

Ah, of course. I filter all the vermin out so have never seen that icon before! I don't really understand how to log in with several accounts at once.

The app I use has a section to add accounts. It scans a little circle at a time, the circles eventually make up your entire search radius. I added the 5 accounts so it has 5 little circles at a time, does a search 5 times faster. If I could be arsed I'd do 10 accounts, but doing 5 was making me lose the will to live.

That ptc account creation if the worst thing I've ever seen. Keeps saying the passwords don't match and not allowing me enter any text.
    Ah, I don't have to actually use valid emails...

Nice one, much more usable like this. There's a venusaur about ten minutes cycle away, will be gone in two. Torture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Decent evening on Bull Island. Caught a Charmeleon, Bulbasaur, Evee and enough Magikarps to evolve Gyrados.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Duff wrote: »
    Decent evening on Bull Island. Caught a Charmeleon, Bulbasaur, Evee and enough Magikarps to evolve Gyrados.
    Thats a BIG day......not often to hit evolve on a Magikarp. Im only 60% there so far on my first

Duff wrote: »

Went out yesterday afternoon for the first time. Did catch Bulbasaur, 2 Dratinis and my first ever Ponyta, plus lots of Magikarp and Psyducks.
    Actually ran out of Pokeballs, but didn't get any evolved Pokémon at all (apart from a 140 CP Poliwhirl from incense) so was slightly disappointed.
    There was a Blastoise there on Saturday evening so I had got my hopes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Is it the north bridge and roundabout that people are finding the good stuff at on Bull Island? Was out there a couple of weeks ago and didn't find it as great as people say but maybe I was in the wrong part for most of that

I caught the Charmeleon and Eevee at the entrance to the golf club, Bulbasaur just off the roundabout as you head on to the beach. All the Magikarps were at the water front. There was also a Squirtle near by but he never popped up.

Also, where's reliable for Lapras, lads? I'm level 23 now and haven't even seen a shadow.

Thanks, is the golf club entrance the white building with the red roof at the south end?

I saw a Lapras shadow near DIT Bolton St one but couldn't find it. Hasn't appeared since though so that's not reliable

Ponyta has appeared at least twice between Killester Dart Station and the Howth Rd over the last few days. There are often Eevees around the station as well

It's the left hand turn right before you come to the roundabout. There's a sign on the wall, too.

• Advertisement

elekid wrote: »
    Is it the north bridge and roundabout that people are finding the good stuff at on Bull Island? Was out there a couple of weeks ago and didn't find it as great as people say but maybe I was in the wrong part for most of that

The roundabout has a road either side that leads to the beach. I wouldn't bother going any further than the ends of both of these roads. The causeway road itself is good too from where it meets the island. Always a few things at the pokestop too. Road is usually empty, I drive it slowly on the way in.
    Always a lot in the golf course, but obviously can't get in there.

sjmQ8q.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

What app is that yer using?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    What app is that yer using?

Pokescanner.
    Might have to put it in my signature.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeScanner/comments/4wtkl5/pokéscanner_reborn/

timaru89 wrote: »
    Loads of Geodudes in Botanic Gardens. Plenty of pokestops too

Definitely a Geodude hot spot, I got loads there today and evolved one to Graveler, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Pokescanner.
    Might have to put it in my signature.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeScanner/comments/4wtkl5/pokéscanner_reborn/

Cheers. Downloaded said app, signed in on a different gmail account but no joy. Every scan brings up zero results. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Cheers. Downloaded said app, signed in on a different gmail account but no joy. Every scan brings up zero results. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Accept terms and conditions, sign into the game (preferably on a different device) and catch your starter.
    Re-try.

Bit of a weird shout here but maybe its useful to someone. If you are ever waiting at the Irish ferries terminal building dublin to see someone off or whatever it might be worthwhile booting up the game and walking around the little loop of road there. I don't know what it is but the variety there seems great compared to what I'm used to. I must have caught at least one of almost every type. Including a diglett and bulbasaur that I have never caught out in the wild before. Also picked up an omanyte who seems pretty rare, only my second time finding one. The building itself is a pokestop too.

Caught all sorts on Dun Laoghaire pier yesterday, all the stops near the band stands had lures going so got lots of water Pokemon plus a vulpix, ponyta and rhyhorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Muchacho99

Where are the hot spots in the city centre?
    Phoenix Park is not that good as i thought :/

• Advertisement

Does pokescanner cut out at 25% for anyone else?

Advertisement