Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon Go - Best Areas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just got the Pokescanner up and running. Thanks to everyone for their patients in helping me and pointing me in the right direction. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Does pokescanner cut out at 25% for anyone else?
    Working fine for me. Area I work in has become absolute dogshíte since they changed spawns though. Did a scan there, search radius 5.
    5 weedles, 7 rattata, 5 pidgey, 2 drowzee and 1 paras
    Used to get a much better variation
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Just got the Pokescanner up and running. Thanks to everyone for their patients in helping me and pointing me in the right direction. Much appreciated.
    If you can be bothered, create a few new accounts and add them, makes it much faster.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Do I have to actually log into pogo with each of these accounts? Maybe that's why it stopped working.
    Scans for about two seconds and gives up.

Edit: tried removing all but the two validated ones but it still still stops after a few swcs

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭gmonov1

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the capture rate on bull island seems to be lower than anywhere else. I've tried a good few different locations over the last while, but on bull island, I always seem to have to use multiple balls to catch something even small.

You get two days of use of a Ptc account before you have to log into the game and validate it, if anyone's wondering. Having done that the scans complete now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Anyone got a notion where I'd find a chansey?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

mayordenis wrote: »
    I got 1 and it was from my 3rd 10km egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Stephen Doyle

Back from a successful hunt in clontarf along the sea front. Intended on heading to bull island but the sea line was so fruitful I stayed.... At the Esso garage there was a ??? CP lapras which unfortunately ran. Also in the nearby was a 1000cp pinsir which I caught! A massive variety of types to catch. In two hours some of the best catches were -
    - Pinsir, Electobuzz x 2, Omanite x 3, Dratini x2, Onix, Magnemite x 5, Voltorb x 4, Squirtel x 2, Charmander, bellsprout x 2, Weepinbell, Abra.

Also the ones that got away- Pikachu x 2, Lapras, Onix

Tonnes of the usual suspects too and lots of magicarp! Hope this helps

Also had a very successful day in dun laoighre East pier the other day, alot of random tend to spawn near the band stand, such as pikachu, ponyta even Charmander.... The pier is a sure thing for the likes of magicarp, squirtle, poliwag, Goldeen, shelder , tentacool, goldeen, psyduck...
    I have also come across and caught a wartortle & Dragonair too! Solid spot and usually lures galore! Dratini's make a regular appearance too!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tonto24

Hey guys does that app work for ios?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

tonto24 wrote: »
    Hey guys does that app work for ios?

GoRadar is the main one for iOS I think - I'm on Android myself.
    It's somewhat crowd sourced though.

Daxy22 wrote: »
    Is there ny Dratini nest around

If you head out to dun laoighre ever there's regular spawns of dratini along either pier, the east pier is brilliant with alot of active lures and pokestops, caught a Dragonair there 3 days ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Been a week and no new shadows, let alone new pokemon. Not even Bull island has been helping, just loads of DoDuo's and Cubones.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Been a week and no new shadows, let alone new pokemon. Not even Bull island has been helping, just loads of DoDuo's and Cubones.

Any in particular your looking for? May be able to help

mayordenis wrote: »

Theres multiple vids on YouTube claiming Chansey tends to spawn around hospitals/medical centers. Not sure if it's true, lucky to hatch mine from an egg.

Took a trip out to the irishtown nature reserve today cause I heard it was a bulbasaur nest. Only found one bulbasaur, but did find a good selection of others, some really strong ponytas, one almost 900cp which should evolve nice and strong. A lot of magnemites and voltorbs too. I'm gonna try it again for the bulbasaurs, cause I don't think I went to the right area, but it's worth checking

gmonov1 wrote: »
    Took a trip out to the irishtown nature reserve today cause I heard it was a bulbasaur nest. Only found one bulbasaur, but did find a good selection of others, some really strong ponytas, one almost 900cp which should evolve nice and strong. A lot of magnemites and voltorbs too. I'm gonna try it again for the bulbasaurs, cause I don't think I went to the right area, but it's worth checking
    Were you just along the lake? I was out there yesterday and there was absolutely nothing, iv heard there's bulbasaur near the chimneys

If your info is more than a week old those bulbers are long gone. They seem to spawn now where bellsprout was previously

Were you just along the lake? I was out there yesterday and there was absolutely nothing, iv heard there's bulbasaur near the chimneys

I got more electric types the closer I got to the chimneys. Bulbasaur was on the walking trail on the way down to the beach area

Does anyone have a reliable "go to" for bulbasaurs or Charmander? I know a few locations for frequent squirtles but not those guys..... Need pikachu's too

• Advertisement

Clontarf comes through again....

Multiple onyx captures, 20+ magicarp , magnemites , 1400cp scyther, 1100cp Pinsir , 1500cp magmar , koffing , Omanite , dratini , squirtle , doduo , Oddish .

Tonnes of the usuals, tentacool, shelder, pidgeys, goldeens.......

And a mother funky Blastoise

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Legend_Steph

Where abouts in Clontarf did you head off to? :) Hoping to go to Bull Island tomorrow to see what I can find. I'm only on Level 11 at the moment so slacking behind!

Where abouts in Clontarf did you head off to? :) Hoping to go to Bull Island tomorrow to see what I can find. I'm only on Level 11 at the moment so slacking behind!

Right along the coast road, I usually start at the Esso garage and head for the wooden bridge to bull island , you'll catch all types its fantastic!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Does anyone have a reliable "go to" for bulbasaurs or Charmander? I know a few locations for frequent squirtles but not those guys..... Need pikachu's too

Apparently the Nature Park out Irishtown way is a nest for Bulbasaurs

AMGer wrote: »
    Apparently the Nature Park out Irishtown way is a nest for Bulbasaurs

Thank you, definitely gonna check it out and report back

• Registered Users Posts: 3 McCallum

hey anyone knows where can I get charmander, abra, machop, grimer,likitung, aerodactyl or omanyte? I've tried mountjoy park for Likitung but no luck.

BTW the Nature Park out Irishtown is still a nest for bulbasaurs, a week ago I cought 9.

McCallum wrote: »
    hey anyone knows where can I get charmander, abra, machop, grimer,likitung, aerodactyl or omanyte? I've tried mountjoy park for Likitung but no luck.

BTW the Nature Park out Irishtown is still a nest for bulbasaurs, a week ago I cought 9.

Iv caught multiple Omanite along the sea front in clontarf near the petrol station.... Machops are spawning in castletown park in celbridge but if that's far from where you are its not worth the trip. About 3 per hour

I have been multiple time in clontarf but never got any omanyte but I will give it a go. thanks

McCallum wrote: »
    I have been multiple time in clontarf but never got any omanyte but I will give it a go. thanks

Iv also caught 2 outside the gates of Dublin castle if that helps...

• Advertisement

Iv also caught 2 outside the gates of Dublin castle if that helps...

Thanks! I got one today close to portobello...5 to go!

Am finding quite a few Clefairy near the Mational Basketball Arena just off the M50 in Tallaght over the last week.
    On sightings in that area every day.

Is this game dying already? I was in Dublin city centre during the week and the place is usually hopping with lure modules, i think I only seen 2 this time

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭FaceCake

Is this game dying already? I was in Dublin city centre during the week and the place is usually hopping with lure modules, i think I only seen 2 this time

Well it wouldn't surprise me. There was a bunch of talk of a huge drop off in players a while back. I'm still playing but I have to admit, I don't think I have ever played a game this light and unfinished feeling for this long. The buddy system is great and all, but I look at other free phone games I have played over the years and I think about some huge patches they put out filled with new stuff, almost every month or so and it was exciting. Then I look at this game, which has been a huge money spinner and yet it feels like there is just one ol' fella hunting and pecking away at a keyboard in the niantic offices.

But then again it was a miserable old day weather wise so maybe thats a factor. I actually saw a lure up the road from me which is rare. It was in a pub, so someone was still getting some catching in while staying out of the rain.

Apparently Niantic have less than 100 employees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

ESB building on Fitzwilliam St, Dublin is where I've gotten loads of high IV drowzees at around 15 past the hour. Just in case anybody needed another drowzee...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Interesting article on wired about pokemon go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Some people speculate that Mew and Mewtwo will be common in Guyana.

764dak wrote:

Oh great, I'll just pop over there so

764dak wrote: »
    "some people"?
    1)This theory being based on what exactly?
    2)As above, how does this actually help members here?
    3) You do know those 2 pokemon (among others) aren't in the game yet?

Does anyone know of a reliable spot to get some ekans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pbo

Bull Island is a great place for Ekans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Tenger wrote: »
    "some people"?
    1)This theory being based on what exactly?
    2)As above, how does this actually help members here?
    3) You do know those 2 pokemon (among others) aren't in the game yet?
    The regular games say they're from Guyana.

The regular games say they're from Guyana.
    That makes a lot more sense that just saying 'people'. I never played previous Pokemon games so am not familiar with the lore.
    Still not a great help to players from outside Central/South America however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Pbo wrote: »
    Bull Island is a great place for Ekans

Yeah, caught my only 2 on Bull Island, really good IV too, something like 97%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Have Stephen's Green and Merrion Square gone very dead lately? Where's useful in the city centre these days?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Was up at bull island last night. Very disappointing. Used a lure and all. Best I got was 1 dratini. Altho did catch a few Abra which was good for candy. Is it losing its magic a bit??

dbagman wrote:
    Was up at bull island last night. Very disappointing. Used a lure and all. Best I got was 1 dratini. Altho did catch a few Abra which was good for candy. Is it losing its magic a bit??

Was that on the bridge end or the causeway road end? I'm gonna go to the botanical gardens tomorrow as I heard that's a good spot, will report back if I see anything decent

gmonov1 wrote:
    Was that on the bridge end or the causeway road end? I'm gonna go to the botanical gardens tomorrow as I heard that's a good spot, will report back if I see anything decent

Lure on the causeway road. Even drove up to s t Anne's golf club

Back at bull island this morning. Place has defo lost its magic. Went out the wooden bridge and all but nothing special. But caught my first tangela on the way back into town so not a wasted trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Huntelaar

Anyone any tips on where to come across a Tangela, Chansey, Lickitung, Aerodactyl or Snorlax? They're all I'm missing but can't seem to hatch them from eggs :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement