Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon Go - Best Areas

1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Huntelaar wrote:
    Anyone any tips on where to come across a Tangela, Chansey, Lickitung, Aerodactyl or Snorlax? They're all I'm missing but can't seem to hatch them from eggs

Caught tangela this morning in Clontarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Huntelaar

dbagman wrote: »
    Caught tangela this morning in Clontarf.

Where abouts exactly?

Huntelaar wrote:
    Where abouts exactly?

I was heading back towards town from bull island. Can't remember exactly where mate. Along the coast road in Clontarf??

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭gmonov1

I was in the botanical gardens earlier and I have to say it was really bad there, definitely a wasted trip. Headed to causeway road after, caught a few really strong ponyta, just need 1 more now to evolve. I also caught a grimer, first time I've ever seen one so was happy with that. I woulda spent more time there but the weather wasn't kind today. All things considered, it seems to be harder to get more variety now. Which is not surprising since I passed 100 in the pokedex today.

gmonov1 wrote:
    I was in the botanical gardens earlier and I have to say it was really bad there, definitely a wasted trip. Headed to causeway road after, caught a few really strong ponyta, just need 1 more now to evolve. I also caught a grimer, first time I've ever seen one so was happy with that. I woulda spent more time there but the weather wasn't kind today. All things considered, it seems to be harder to get more variety now. Which is not surprising since I passed 100 in the pokedex today.

Was at the causeway this morning and wasn't anything even remotely as exciting as a Grimer. Last couple of times been a major let down for me. Might give it another go during the week but defo don't think it's as good as it used to be.

dbagman wrote:
    Was at the causeway this morning and wasn't anything even remotely as exciting as a Grimer. Last couple of times been a major let down for me. Might give it another go during the week but defo don't think it's as good as it used to be.

I also seen a lapras there, it was ???CP, so at least 1700. Couldn't catch it though, he broke out of 8 ultraballs and then ran away.

gmonov1 wrote:
    I also seen a lapras there, it was ???CP, so at least 1700. Couldn't catch it though, he broke out of 8 ultraballs and then ran away.

Ah stop. What time was this at? I'll never see one I'm sure of it

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Huntelaar

I caught a Lapras on the seafront in Clontarf during the week myself low CP though

dbagman wrote:
    Ah stop. What time was this at? I'll never see one I'm sure of it

Woulda been between 3:00-3:30

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Huntelaar wrote: »
    I caught a Lapras on the seafront in Clontarf during the week myself low CP though

At this point I would take a CP 11 Lapras just to fill the gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭D3sperado

Anyone looking for Abra candies - there seems to be a steady stream of them in Ringsend Park. I scanned about 10 times today and there is almost always at least two there.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭D3sperado

Tenger wrote: »
    At this point I would take a CP 11 Lapras just to fill the gap.

I seen one spawning on the walkway out to the Poolbeg lighthouse about an hour ago and then there is another one just down the road from it in the Irishtown Nature Reserve at the moment. Regular spins out to here/Bull Island and a close eye on fastpokemap when you are out there should get you one sooner or later :)

Thanks but heading out to Bull Island isnt a reliable option for me. Only managed to get out there once so far since launch day.
    And I dont currently use any of the maphacks.
    I used to use poke detector app but it stopped working about 2 patches ago. Pokemap app was a bit crap and the Silphroad isnt very practical on a small screen while out walking(as well as being crap for non-US)
    I'll just have to struggle along like a pleb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Thanks but heading out to Bull Island isnt a reliable option for me. Only managed to get out there once so far since launch day.
    And I dont currently use any of the maphacks.
    I used to use poke detector app but it stopped working about 2 patches ago. Pokemap app was a bit crap and the Silphroad isnt very practical on a small screen while out walking(as well as being crap for non-US)
    I'll just have to struggle along like a pleb.
    This one is good, add any old fake account to it:

https://github.com/PokeAlert/PokeAlert/releases/

Few scans of bull island, looks good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭FaceCake

Just a quick heads up, we might be looking at another spawn shuffle. I noticed a new spawn point around my house and I think some of the nests near me have changed what pokemon they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pbo

Seems to be alot more rare pokemon spawning the last 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭FaceCake

I think Anns golf course on bull island was changed into a charmander nest. Makes me wish I played golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pbo

FaceCake wrote: »
    I think Anns golf course on bull island was changed into a charmander nest. Makes me wish I played golf.
    Also seems that Irishtown Nature Reserve has changed to Growlithe nest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Growlithe nest in Catherines's Park is gone, and appears to have been replaced by nothing.

If it's a nest you should be able to get some on the path or in the car park. I'll try on my day off on Thursday.
    Although I'm going to Oktoberfest on Wednesday so I hope that still happens!

• Advertisement

Machop nest at Castletown in Celbridge also seems to have been replaced by nothing.

Eggexcute spawn near my house changed to Onix yesterday, but there was an eggexcute there this morning again..

All the other rare spawns within a mile of me have been replaced with common :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

for any Corkonions on the the thread the carparks at the business park on Craheen road beside the greyhound track and the Abtran building (old Motorola factory) out in Mahon are great multiple spawn spots , had 11 spawn at once all diffrent types incl squirtle , Rhyhorn , Ponyta , Coughing this morning and get a mutiple spawn everytime i enter the two car parks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

for any Corkonions on the the thread the carparks at the business park on Craheen road beside the greyhound track and the Abtran building (old Motorola factory) out in Mahon are great multiple spawn spots , had 11 spawn at once all diffrent types incl squirtle , Rhyhorn , Ponyta , Coughing this morning and get a mutiple spawn everytime i enter the two car parks.
    Great thanks, a few more Cork updates would be fantastic.
    Hitting a brick wall here and spotting gyms with three different trainers with three different trainer levels but they all have a 1998 cp snorlax which doesn't sit right with me.

Great thanks, a few more Cork updates would be fantastic.
    Hitting a brick wall here and spotting gyms with three different trainers with three different trainer levels but they all have a 1998 cp snorlax which doesn't sit right with me.

I'm in Cork quite a bit with work but other then those two car parks and Mahon shopping centre ive found it kinda slim picking tbh

Marley Park used to be filled with exeggcute, that's changed to squirtles.
    Killiney Hill Park used to be filled with Onix, now it's Vulpix. Another small park in nutgrove is the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

I found Ponyta in Iveagh Gardens, not sure if it's a new spawn. Have heard Growlithe spawn there now as well.

St. Stephen's Green is now a mega Onix nest. Caught 3 in 5 minutes 2 days ago and 1 more yesterday - shame they're so rubbish.

Saw my first Lapras in nearby in Dublin 8 near Newmarket Square yesterday but it despawned before I could get anywhere near it - I'm assuming it was a random spawn.

Anything decent around the quays/IFSC? Looking for a lunchtime cycle area.

dubmess wrote:
    St. Stephen's Green is now a mega Onix nest. Caught 3 in 5 minutes 2 days ago and 1 more yesterday - shame they're so rubbish.

Apparently steelix is going to be one of the first 2nd generation added to the game so don't dismiss the onix straight away, those candies could be valuable soon enough.
    I ventured out to irishtown nature reserve yesterday, unfortunately no longer a bulbasaur nest. There was a few growlith spawning on the walking trail though. Most interesting spawn was a blastoise on the way out to the lighthouse, but as has been the way for me recently, he escaped all the ultra balls I could hit him with

gmonov1 wrote: »
    Apparently steelix is going to be one of the first 2nd generation added to the game so don't dismiss the onix straight away, those candies could be valuable soon enough.
    I ventured out to irishtown nature reserve yesterday, unfortunately no longer a bulbasaur nest. There was a few growlith spawning on the walking trail though. Most interesting spawn was a blastoise on the way out to the lighthouse, but as has been the way for me recently, he escaped all the ultra balls I could hit him with

when will gen 2 be added is it next or will the new tracker and trading land before gen 2

I'm not sure really. I watch a daily vlog on YouTube, (channel name is trainer tips, check it out). The guy on that seems fairly clued in on the game and he said it could be around November. It's all just speculation though

I'm not sure really. I watch a daily vlog on YouTube, (channel name is trainer tips, check it out). The guy on that seems fairly clued in on the game and he said it could be around November. It's all just speculation though

cool , even if Steelix is a best Onyx is still a major dissapointment like lower CP the some of my Paras , Drowzee , Bellsprout , Bulbasaur and Mime ... even with a high CP hard to win battles with rock types with the amount of water pokemon holding gyms though i suppose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

There are more Water types than any other type in Gen 1 (32/151 or 20%!) and its Rock/Ground combo makes Onix extra weak to them so the poor thing doesn't stand a chance.

It wouldn't surprise me if they added the likes of Steelix/Magmortar/Sylveon in next as they use the same candies as existing Pokemon. Loads of Gen 1 Pokemon had evolutions (and babies) added in subsequent generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CasimiR

Cienciano wrote: »
    Killiney Hill Park used to be filled with Onix, now it's Vulpix. Another small park in nutgrove is the same.

Confirming Killiney Hill Park ; got x4 Vulpix this morning, along with a NineTales

CasimiR wrote: »
    Confirming Killiney Hill Park ; got x4 Vulpix this morning, along with a NineTales

Nice one. Wouldn't mind a trip up there myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lkoadil

abra is spawning in herbert park ...

Is anybody there?? Still playing?

Yup. All in the "pokemon go" thread

Tenger wrote:
    Yup. All in the "pokemon go" thread

There's another thread now??

Yeh check out the pokemon go thread , been quite good since all the spoofers stopped playing weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

it's over 400 pages long :D

• Advertisement

...................... been quite good since all the spoofers stopped playing weeks ago

Spoofers have stopped?

Spoofers have stopped?

People who wernt actually intrested and were just asking stupid questions constantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Spoofers

inconceivable.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Does anybody know of a nest in the Phionex Park mainly at the 15 acres football pitches?

Is there anywhere lapras spawn with any sort of reliability??

dbagman wrote: »
    Is there anywhere lapras spawn with any sort of reliability??

Bull island and along the coast road can often throw one up no gaurentees though , i've gone out 4 or 5 times now and caught 3 out that way

• Advertisement

Is anyone adding locations to tbe Silph road nest atlas? It used to be a bit naff but since they updated the map function it is user friendly. Just needs the player input to fill out the locations

St Catherines Park seems to be Pinsir nest now.

Had alot of luck with rares up around the garden of rememberance and cassidys hotel the last 3 mornings (friday , yesterday and today) .... Had a Snorlax there Friday , a Venusaur that got away yesterday and the best of the bunch an Omastar with over 950 CP and a solid move set , this morning

Went up to Catherines Park in Lucan this evening. Car park was closed if anyone else is going up but it's a male nidoran nest now. Caught about 15 in 2 hours (not including 5 or so that ran). Also caught a few Eevee, Oddish and Bellsprout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭JoeCat

Now that there is Gen2, anyone knows where are the best areas in Dublin? Any Lavitar nests?

• Advertisement
Advertisement