Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to go about sourcing a new rim - is it worthwhile?

Options
  • 20-07-2016 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a set of neuvation R28 aero 2 wheels that I bought in america about 9 years ago. Recently the rear one has started to rattle a lot and was going out of true. While giving it the once over recently I discovered that one of the spoke nipples has started to pull through the rim, so that rim is fit for the bin.

The hub is fine and seems a bit of a waste to ditch it, so any ideas on how to go about finding a suitable replacement rim?

They are 24 a 24 spoke design so i guess that will limit the options for a replacement rim.

Any ideas on where to start much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

If you can find out the "Effective Rim Diameter" (erd) of your current rim and find a 24h rim with the same erd it will be a direct swap. Otherwise you'll have to replace spokes as well as rim and, at that point, it's usually uneconomic.

Advertisement