Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Starter Fishing Set for 7 year old

• 20-07-2016 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Can anyone recommend a sea fishing set for a 7 year old please? I've seen a few sets with poor reviews on amazon and ebay and would prefer something strong to last a few summers.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I would recommend going to your local tackle shop anyway OP. While many of us buy our gear online we know what we are looking for due to experience With someone just starting out it would be best to approach the local tackle shop and explain what you need and budget.

Whereabouts are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 billymagic

Thanks , currently in the Limerick city area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

There should be a couple of tackle shops around limerick city centre if memory serves. One of the better budget brands would be Shakespeare. We have all used it at one time or another. Most tackle shops are doing combo deals this time of year as well so a rod and reel combo and you would save a few quid buying them that way.

You'll need a bag for bits and bob - hooks, lures, etc. Even an old school bag would do for awhile. For a 7 year old I wouldn't get something too heavy or long so a light pier rod should do the trick.

Advertisement