Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tubular Tyre Recommendation

Options
  • 20-07-2016 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Guy's,

I just recently purchased a set of carbon tubular rims and am looking for tyre recommendations. I normally use Michelin pro 4 service course during the summer and conti 4 seasons during the winter.

I'll be using the rims mainly for summer riding so was wondering can anybody recommend a good fast tubular tyre with moderate puncture resistance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I am not known for having a lot of sense when it's down to choose tub tyres, but tubulars are to be enjoyed. Get for your self a pair of Veloflex Carbon. If that's too expensive, have a look at the Vittoria Corsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Basing on experience avoid the Vittoria's .
    Beautiful ride but cut up and flat way too easy.
    In am weening myself of them and have a stock of barely used tubs that have punctured.
    I was thinking of Conti's but can be a pig to get on. Deffo need be stretched on an old rim but am gonna have a good look at Michelin tubs that they have relaunched.

Advertisement