Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Older council estates in North Kildare

Options
  • 20-07-2016 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    We've been approved for slightly lower than we had hoped so are adjusting expectations. We're looking at Kilcock, leixlip, Maynooth and Celbridge. Does anyone have any opinions on the older estates and council estates in these areas? Are they maturing? We have a 17 month old so obviously don't want trouble. Places like cluain aoibhinn, Glendale, st Patrick's park, Woodside and college green to name but a few...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,869 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The two you listed in Maynooth weren't council estates and are ~40 years old so the original generation of residents are in their 60s now. Those two are comparatively poorly built and full of students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

L1011 wrote: »
    The two you listed in Maynooth weren't council estates and are ~40 years old so the original generation of residents are in their 60s now. Those two are comparatively poorly built and full of students.

Still full of students then? I lived there in college myself but it was over 10 years ago. They are big houses in Cluain aoibhinn which is a draw. We'd have no problem upgrading insulation/wiring/heating etc. The restriction on the mortgage is because of lack of life insurance unfortunately not because of lack of income

• Registered Users Posts: 68,869 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The volume of students in all estates is reducing slightly due to more student accommodation and price pressures; and will continue to reduce also. Still lots, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Hi everyone,
    We've been approved for slightly lower than we had hoped so are adjusting expectations. We're looking at Kilcock, leixlip, Maynooth and Celbridge. Does anyone have any opinions on the older estates and council estates in these areas? Are they maturing? We have a 17 month old so obviously don't want trouble. Places like cluain aoibhinn, Glendale, st Patrick's park, Woodside and college green to name but a few...

St Patricks Park (Celbridge) to me looks like a nice, quiet mature estate. Most of the residents are older at this stage.. there is one section (which looks like it was a phase 2 build, different style houses) with younger families and houses don't look as well cared for IMO. Good location for village/buses etc.. also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Glendale and Woodside in Leixlip? I'd live in either of those, but neither were council.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Sorry it's a mix of the older estates and ex council estates I listed. Thanks for the feedback guys

Advertisement