Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not renewing with an insurer, what to do?

Options
  • 20-07-2016 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi I would be delighted if someone could enlighten me with some practical tips on 1. getting a better deal on my renewal (creamed last year)
    OR 2. what to do to change insurer.
    I have always had the same insurer but they have actually increased every year rather than decreased!
    i got a quote from someone else - better - what do i need to do officially?
    put it in writing within 30 days? (policy up in one month exactly)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Your insurance wont auto renewal anyways, call around, get a better quote. Get your no claims discount cert from your existing insurer as you will need this for the new company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

davo2001 wrote: »
    Your insurance wont auto renewal anyways, call around, get a better quote. Get your no claims discount cert from your existing insurer as you will need this for the new company.

Some insurers auto renew direct debit customers so the company would need to be informed the policy is to be lapsed prior to renewal, aside from that your advice is spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

davo2001 wrote: »

Just be careful, some will do, usually ones in which you're paying by DD.

Advertisement