Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leisure battery installer

Options
  • 20-07-2016 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Anyone recommend me someone to wire up a leisure battery in or near Dublin ?

Comments

Are you replacing a battery or installing a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭The Ging and I

Im replacing one which must has a wiring problem.

Why must it have a wiring problem?

It's a 5 minute job any mechanic can do, if you'd rather not tackle it yourself.
    Halfords do it in for a fee in body armour...even with sealed batteries.

Just checked the Halfords website
    Halfords wrote:
    "How does the car battery fitting service work?

We want to keep it simple. There's no need to book - if you've got a problem, just pop into your local store and one of the team will check your battery out. If you need a new one fitted, we can do that from just £10 (€13). For more complicated installations, like start/stop, AGM or EFB batteries, prices start from £25 (€30)."

I'm not sure exactly how the chemistry of the battery makes the installation more complicated.
    Halfords wrote:
    "When you buy a new car battery from us, we'll recycle your old one for free."

...then they sell it as scrap for €0.50 per kilo!

Advertisement