Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compromised Debit card

Options
  • 20-07-2016 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

On 4/7/2016 I received a message from bank of ireland flagging transactions on my account.
    My card had been compromised and two payments of €1029 and €235.37 taken from it.
    My card was cancelled and a new one issued which I received and on 11/7/2016 the two sums above were refunded to my account. So I thought that was that sorted.
    However on the 12/7/2016 two further sums of €238.42 and €4.77 were debited from my card. I informed bank of Ireland on the same day but haven't heard from them since despite sending an email seeking an update.
    I would be grateful if you could look into the matter for me. If you let me know what details you need to do this I will give them to you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon tippwarrior, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

I am sorry to hear that you've been a recent victim of fraud. We would be more than happy to assist you with this. Can I first ask if you've sent your email via the Online Service desk on 365Online? 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

Good Afternoon tippwarrior, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

I am sorry to hear that you've been a recent victim of fraud. We would be more than happy to assist you with this. Can I first ask if you've sent your email via the Online Service desk on 365Online? 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Hi Elaine thanks for your response. I actually sent the email to the address that the original one came from flagging the transactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Thanks tippwarrior, 

If you're registered for 365Online you can access the Online Service desk and send your query via our secure messaging system. Unlike ourselves here, the reps who manage the inbox will have full account access and will be happy to check this for you. 

I hope this helps,

Thanks again, Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

Ok I'll do that. Thanks Elaine

Advertisement