Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go

Options
  • 20-07-2016 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I'm sure you've seen that this app is exploding across the world at the moment.

Good opportunity to use it for promotion while there's a lot of hype.

We're experimenting with it this evening, was lucky enough to get a text read out on 98fm as well this morning to say we're luring the nearby Pokestop for the home commuters this evening. Can report back on how it goes.

Anyone else trying it out?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

One of the pubs in my local town appears to have a lure going most evenings, I'd be curious to hear your experiences Cianos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It's only a matter of time before businesses start paying Nintendo to have rare pokemon's in their premises.

This will be Nintendo's biggest goldmine.

smash wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time before businesses start paying Nintendo to have rare pokemon's in their premises.

I heard that McDonalds is already in planning for some sort of collaboration.

smash wrote: »

+1

Stateside, it looks like many small businesses have already realised the cost of lures for the evening is more that offset by the increased trade.

Others are going further to offer freebies to players above specific levels.

As long as the game doesn't become over-run with commercial activities Nintendo could do incredibly well out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

So we set up our lures from 4-7pm. We kept an eye out for the duration but alas couldn't see any obvious activity around the area that was because of the lures. I'm sure there were people passing by that took advantage of the lured Pokestop, but whether they knew it was us or not who set it up I don't know.

It'd be better if you didn't have to press in to see who set the lure, that'd be a bigger incentive to use them more often as well.

Good fun giving it a go anyway, and probably much more useful for a more b2c/social environment such as a coffee shop, pub, cafe etc.

I wrote up a step by step guide for anyone interested in trying it out themselves here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement