Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Australia whv.

Options
  • 20-07-2016 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

We have a family holiday booked for Australia. Flights are booked and paid for but i have not done the visas yet.
    My question is my eldest has shown an interest in a 12 mnt working holiday visa, what are the chances of being refused a whv? do they refuse if you have no convictions or medical issues?- if the whv was refused would we be able to apply for a standard holiday visa for him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Miz. wrote: »
    We have a family holiday booked for Australia. Flights are booked and paid for but i have not done the visas yet.
    My question is my eldest has shown an interest in a 12 mnt working holiday visa, what are the chances of being refused a whv? do they refuse if you have no convictions or medical issues?- if the whv was refused would we be able to apply for a standard holiday visa for him?

If he's under 30, slim to nil chance of being refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Apply for WHV after the holiday is over.

Once there are no criminal records the WHV is pretty much a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Miz.

pete4130 wrote: »
    Apply for WHV after the holiday is over.

Once there are no criminal records the WHV is pretty much a given.

I'm pretty sure the first whv has to be applied for when you are not in the country though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Miz. wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the first whv has to be applied for when you are not in the country though.

I'm fairly sure you are correct on that one.

Do a "visa run" to Fiji/Bali/NZ/Thailand, leave on the holiday visa, apply immediately, activate the WHV on re-entry.

A 1 week overseas trip should be enough time for the WHV to be granted, but that is worth double checking, it can take a bit longer at peak times.

The holiday should give enough time to look around and catch up with some people and figure out where the WHV plan (2nd WHV regional work, contacts etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shee711

Hi, Hoping to be heading to Oz with my boyfriend beginning of February. Just started the WHV process with USIT. How long does it usually take to be granted your visa through USIT??

Also, as a side note.. I will be working with children so presume I am going to need a chest xray or medical? How much time will this add to my application. Will i be okay to book my flights for february. I wanted to book them next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

Shee711 wrote: »
    Hi, Hoping to be heading to Oz with my boyfriend beginning of February. Just started the WHV process with USIT. How long does it usually take to be granted your visa through USIT??

Also, as a side note.. I will be working with children so presume I am going to need a chest xray or medical? How much time will this add to my application. Will i be okay to book my flights for february. I wanted to book them next week

no need to do it with USIT , how much are they charging you?
    Yeah on the medical , also a working with children police check

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shee711

569 euro but includes insurance so works out as more or less the same?

regarding the working with children check, I read that in Brisbane, you cannot apply as an individual, your employer must apply for this?

Advertisement