Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect HTC M8 phone to iPad 4

• 20-07-2016 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone tried this or found something that works for them?

HTC M8 is unrooted.
    iPad 4 is not jail-broken.

Both are fully updated.

Basically I plan to have Spotify running on my iPad and that is then "Chromecast" to my TV speakers.

Now the tricky bit... I want to remote control Spotify on my HTC M8 via a bluetooth or WiFi connection to the iPad.

Is this possible? I've read that the full Bluetooth protocols are "restricted" by non Apple products and will only allow a passive connection. is that true? :eek:

Is there a remote control app that will do what I would like it do do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I don't think that's possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Found a workable option for what I want to do.

Used my Nexus 7 tablet to play Spotify connected to Chromecast.

Found an app (Tablet Remote) on the Play store that connects the Nexus 7 and my M8 via bluetooth. I can toggle songs as I want.

I really wanted to use the iPad as the battery life is much better on it.
    Its just a pity that there is such restrictions on Apple products connecting to non Apple products...

If anyone else finds a way to connect an Android to Apple via bluetooth or WiFi let me know please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'm nearly sure Spotify can be controlled by any device running Spotify and signed into the same account. On the bottom of Spotify on my iPhone or iPad, devices available appears. Tap that and tap the second device and it will ask which one you want to listen on. Playback can be controlled from either device. It was the same with my PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

Aye can you not just use the Spotify connect feature,that's what I do
    Both devices have to be on the same wifi network

Advertisement