Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any risk switching from Magnet to Eir?

Options
  • 20-07-2016 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I'm thinking about switching from Magnet to Eir simply to avail of the free sports, but I am happy with the internet I get from Magnet. Is there any risk of slower speeds or higher ping if I did switch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CMOT

I'm thinking about switching from Magnet to Eir simply to avail of the free sports, but I am happy with the internet I get from Magnet. Is there any risk of slower speeds or higher ping if I did switch?
    I'll just say from personal experience I've never had anything but awful experiences with Eir, and have friends and family who have experienced the same. 
    Mostly from a customer service point of view, but also things like not refunding us for 2-3 months of no connectivity, then 'finding' the problem when we rang to cancel our service etc. Granted my personal experience was about 5 years ago, so thing may have changed.
    Magnet and Eir use the same lines so in terms of speed and uptime they should be identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 urgash

Just read this forum and see what people say, there is few negative opinion.
    I had bad experience but it was 8-9 years ago (customer support was really bad) then i  switched to Imagine, which has been sold to magnet, and i do have exactly same thoughts as you now, should i switch to eir or not? :)

The only thing for which I consider EIR is that you have options for broadband only = 25€ a month in my pocket, no line rental! magnet dont have that option as far as I know ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Captain Don Thorpe,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for your interest in eir. :)[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can view all our bundles here https://www.eir.ie/bundles/[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement