Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agent whipped property off sites

Options
  • 20-07-2016 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

I'm sure this is standard practice but I went sale agreed on Monday for my apartment which was up for sale since June, I checked and the EA has it down off all the sites already is that normal practice?

We only went sale agreed Monday afternoon, the person buying the house is mortgage approved and was going on holidays that afternoon or so I was told and the EA said he would take a booking deposit off him before he went, I said grand no worries I will get the ball rolling on my side of things.
    I was just thinking that he should have left the ad up there for longer and marked it sale agreed just in case this deal didn't follow through.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

From what I understand - EA's generally don't take the ad down until the booking deposit has been recieved.

Has he received it?

Also, have you looked at whether he has marked the property sale agreed? It doesn't show up in normal listings if that's the case. You have to specifically search for SA properties.

Ring him and have a chat, just say you're curious as to why he's taken it down completely, and not just marked it "Sale Agreed".

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Smiley012 wrote: »
    From what I understand - EA's generally don't take the ad down until the booking deposit has been recieved.

Has he received it?

Also, have you looked at whether he has marked the property sale agreed? It doesn't show up in normal listings if that's the case. You have to specifically search for SA properties.

Ring him and have a chat, just say you're curious as to why he's taken it down completely, and not just marked it "Sale Agreed".

This.

If we don't mark it sale agreed, the phone keeps ringing for people to be told the same thing over and over. They get narky "why do u leave it up so???"

Ill bet if you search sale agreed you'll find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I would like that as it shows the EA is on the ball & that he's not going to be necessarily trying to show the apartment & get a bidding war going.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

I was in the opposite situation this time last year. We went sale agreed on a house in July and not until the house eventually sold in November was it taken down off Daft. It was never marked as sale agreed. I found it really annoying at the time as we were acting in good faith, paid our deposit, were doing everything we could to have contracts sorted out, had our finance in place, but to anyone else the house was still on the open market. Lots of people here advised me the EA was doing the right thing. Thread on it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96727878

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I would have thought this would be a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Angel2016

He mailed me there this morning he received the booking deposit so said he will mark it sale agreed today I just told him it's down already so maybe someone else in his office took it down.
    I presumed they leave it up for longer because when I have been looking and contacting some EA on houses I get told its sale agreed so I do be thinking like Ask the EA said well mark it sale agreed and dont leave it up there for people thinking its still up for sale.

Advertisement