Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Control panel with integrated wireless and ethernet

Options
  • 20-07-2016 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Just been pricing the above for the last couple of weeks and the options are mind blowing. Most are weighing in with add ons for either wireless or ethernet or both. It's virtually impossible to locate an integrated solution on one control panel.

Is anyone aware of a control panel that incorporates both. There are so many "basic" panels available, good and bad based on reviews, but the majority require additional add ons that are, in a lot of cases, as expensive as the panels themselves.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The SPC4320 Has ethernet onboard and that can be converted to WiFi with a 3rd party adapter.
    The GSD i70 and newer i1070 has the option to add either.
    Why do you need both?
    I find hardwired ethernet or powerline adapters very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

KoolKid wrote: »
    The SPC4320 Has ethernet onboard and that can be converted to WiFi with a 3rd party adapter.
    The GSD i70 and newer i1070 has the option to add either.
    Why do you need both?
    I find hardwired ethernet or powerline adapters very good.

Apologies Koolkid I may have been a little unclear here. I was looking for a panel that can deal with wireless sensors without requiring an additional wireless receiver as an add-on to the panel as distinct from hardwired sensors and have integrated ethernet. I'm not looking for PSTN or GSM capabilities here.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hmmm
    Stuck in the middle there.
    GSD has wireless built in & you can add wireless or ethernet board.
    SPC4320 has built in ethernet but the wireless can be either an internal plug on with external aerial or a wireless gateway that is separate to the panel.
    Whats the difference other than separate pricing?

Hmmm
    Stuck in the middle there.
    GSD has wireless built in & you can add wireless or ethernet board.
    SPC4320 has built in ethernet but the wireless can be either an internal plug on with external aerial or a wireless gateway that is separate to the panel.
    Whats the difference other than separate pricing?

None really until you start looking at prices. There are some good deals on control panel packages complete with wireless sensors and external siren. On closer inspection the panel requires a wireless receiver (extra price) to pair up with the wireless sensors and it is ethernet capable with the addition of an add-on card (extra price).

I suppose the question I am asking is can I buy a panel with the above specification ready to install.

There is no SPC Kit with IP & Wireless . The bits have to be added on.
    I guess the basic panels work out cheaper that way.

• Advertisement

There is no SPC Kit with IP & Wireless . The bits have to be added on.
    I guess the basic panels work out cheaper that way.

I came across a panel, Visonic PowerMax Complete during my search. Haven't really seen any comments/opinions on the boards about it. Dare I ask would it be worth considering.

Not really for what you are looking for.
    I remember something recently about them dropping app support.
    GSD or Siemens/Vanderbilt SPC would be my 2 choices.

Not really for what you are looking for.
    I remember something recently about them dropping app support.
    GSD or Siemens/Vanderbilt SPC would be my 2 choices.

This is the nearest I could find to the above spec but it still requires a radio module to support wireless sensors and there's no sensors included

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/siemens-spc4320320-kit-grade-2-p-3695.html&ui-page=0-2

This is the nearest I could find to the above spec but it still requires a radio module to support wireless sensors and there's no sensors included

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/siemens-spc4320320-kit-grade-2-p-3695.html&ui-page=0-2

Just noticed this one too. Seems to tick all the boxes. Sensors would have to purchased seperately though. Haven't seen too many reviews on it though.

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/visonic-powermax-pro-wireless-kit-p-4235.html&ui-page=0-1

Getting not found on that link.

• Advertisement

Getting not found on that link.

Try this

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/visonic-powermax-pro-kit-p-2202.html

It's the Visonic PowerMax Pro Kit. It appears to have everything integrated into the main panel and the price with vat and conversion seems quite reasonable. If the link still does not work it's
    securitywarehouse.co.uk

Wouldn't be my recommendation any more.

Wouldn't be my recommendation any more.

Just curious. Any particular reason why. Apparently the Visonic PowerMax Solo was quite a popular panel at one stage in Dublin and it's surrounds. Why has it fallen out of favour. I noted Northwood Technology seem to stock quite a range of their product.

We have used Visonic in the past. Just from experience and some issues they wouldn't be my first choice.

Advertisement