Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tan Marks - will fake/spray tan cover them?

Options
  • 20-07-2016 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

In spite of my efforts yesterday I have still ended up with tan marks on feet and around neck. I have a wedding in a few weeks and will be getting a spray tan.
    I am pale and intend to just get a nice base so it looks natural.

Will fake tan cover tan marks or will I have to go darker than them?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

You don't mention if the tan marks are natural or fake tan.
    If it's fake tan, a scrub twice a week should see them well gone by the time the wedding comes along.
    If they are natural tan lines, a few weeks of Irish summer (ie warm rain) should see the tan lines fade by the time you have the wedding in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭sporina

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    You don't mention if the tan marks are natural or fake tan.
    If it's fake tan, a scrub twice a week should see them well gone by the time the wedding comes along.
    If they are natural tan lines, a few weeks of Irish summer (ie warm rain) should see the tan lines fade by the time you have the wedding in a few weeks.

Hi thanks for the reply.. sorry yes they are natural tan lines; sorry thought that was obvious..

yes hopefully it will have faded. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

Going darker with fake tan isn't going to make any difference to tan lines. You'll just go darker in the tabbed places. It'll have the same effect. It may lessen the contrast between white and brown but not mask it entirely.

You'd literally need to "fill in" the white bits but I would advise strongly against even trying this.

Unless they're very extreme lines I wouldn't be worried too about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭sporina

Story Bud? wrote: »
    Going darker with fake tan isn't going to make any difference to tan lines. You'll just go darker in the tabbed places. It'll have the same effect. It may lessen the contrast between white and brown but not mask it entirely.

You'd literally need to "fill in" the white bits but I would advise strongly against even trying this.

Unless they're very extreme lines I wouldn't be worried too about it.

oh i see - thanks..

Hmm.. maybe if i shower more frequently and exfoliate more often between now and the wedding it will be ok.. thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to Beauty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

I had this same problem, I had been planning on getting a spray tan, but didn't really need one as I'd gotten a natural tan on my holidays. I filled in the tan lines with Sally Hansen leg spray and it worked well.

Advertisement