Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carer allowance

• 20-07-2016 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi i have just been refused half carers allowance and sent back for a review can anyone tell me how long do it take for a review

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rene2211

Beckyboo1 wrote: »
    Hi i have just been refused half carers allowance and sent back for a review can anyone tell me how long do it take for a review

I'm wondering the same thing... can anyone advise
    Waiting times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Underarmoured

Well you probly got word by now but it took me about 6 months on appeal and got an oral hearing the other day. Have to wait about another month now for decision

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joanmcdonald

who do you talk to or what do you do if you keep getting refused carers allowance? going on since 2015 only got letter this morning do you go to a td

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

who do you talk to or what do you do if you keep getting refused carers allowance? going on since 2015 only got letter this morning do you go to a td

On what grounds are you being refused?
    Are they saying that the person you are caring for doesn't need full time care and attention?
    Or that you are not giving full time care and attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joanmcdonald

they keep saying that medical evidence are not available in this case his mother really needs his care he doesent know who to talk to he needs someone to fight this for him maybe a td

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

they keep saying that medical evidence are not available in this case his mother really needs his care he doesent know who to talk to he needs someone to fight this for him maybe a td

Well she needs more medical evidence, doctors reports, consultants etc.

It is frustrating when you feel someone needs care, how much medical evidence have you sent in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

He needs to send in up to date medical testimonies that his mother needs FULL TIME CARE AND ATTENTION.
    Full time means in excess of 35 hours per week.
    Care and attention means that she needs help and assistance to complete all her daily routines, getting dressed, getting washed, going to the toilet, household chores, preparing food etc.
    A medical professional needs to set out what medical conditions she is suffering from that prevents her from doing these things for herself.
    He should also include a letter from himself describing what he does for his mother

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shellotoole

Hi was refused carers allowance. Saying my dad isnt disable enough for full time carers. Saying I can appeal. What do I need to appeal. And does anyone know how long it takes.

Advertisement