Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir account recently closed - charged for a modem

Options
  • 20-07-2016 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi  we were customers of Eircom and Eir since 2012 for phone an broadband.  We switched to efibre Aug 2013 approx.  We received a free modem as part of our bundle and this appeared on our bill as €0.00 charge.  Due to Eir constantly increasing their prices we changed provider recently.  We received our last bill which shows a modem charge of €59.99 which to say the least I'm surprise at afterall we were told it was a free modem.  Can you please advise me re this.  We have the modem and would only be too happy to return it as it is of no use to us. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kaylden

Return it to them. If you dont they will pass it on to debt collectors. I think they told me id 14 days to return it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

darcygirl wrote: »
    Hi  we were customers of Eircom and Eir since 2012 for phone an broadband.  We switched to efibre Aug 2013 approx.  We received a free modem as part of our bundle and this appeared on our bill as €0.00 charge.  Due to Eir constantly increasing their prices we changed provider recently.  We received our last bill which shows a modem charge of €59.99 which to say the least I'm surprise at afterall we were told it was a free modem.  Can you please advise me re this.  We have the modem and would only be too happy to return it as it is of no use to us. Thank you.
    Hi Darcygirl,

Thank you for getting in touch with us :)

You will need to contact our cancellations team directly for them to arrange a courier to go out and collect this modem. Once the modem is returned to us we will be happy to waive this charge for you.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

Advertisement