Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDF - STAGE 18 - 17km ITT - Sallanches / Megève

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Some randomer no 1 was expecting to win
    Froome ahead of Duoumlin by 13 seconds at 13.5km

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Nairo Quintana
    Froome 13 seconds up on Tom D at split 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Brilliant effort from Bardet. Be delighted if he could make the podium

Nairo Quintana
    82kmh decending for Mollema on the final section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

My god, that was an unbelievable performance by Froome. Game over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Froome is just taking the pi*s at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Nairo Quintana
    WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Nairo Quintana
    Poor Tom Dumoulin.

So predictable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Another fairly predictable stage and Dan fading a little bit....I am at my wit's end

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Froome 21 seconds up. Madness

• Advertisement

Nairo Quintana
    21 seconds clear of the front for Froome, just pure class. Feel bad for Tom Demoulin but a fantastic TT from Froome. Started off in 4th at the first split and worked up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Chris Froome
    Full retard washing machine marginal gains FTW! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Some randomer no 1 was expecting to win
    Froome is some machine, unbelievable ride

Neady83 wrote: »
    Froome is some machine, unbelievable ride

I don't like the guy or his team, a good cyclist but his faux nice guy bs is wearing thin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

I have grown to like Froome a lot more this Tour ..he has done the work to get him into this position ..(not the sky train of old) ..he has grown some liathróidí and is fighting his way to Paris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

godtabh wrote: »
    Froome 21 seconds up. Madness

Madness? Why? Froome was the best before today and has proven it again. Made good time in the second half of the test, including the downhill.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

How'd Yates do? Still In third in GC or no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Dan down to 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

nee wrote: »
    How'd Yates do? Still In third in GC or no?

still 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Porte and Bardet are close enough to get onto the podium. They're in better form than the guys ahead of them.

Interesting interview on ES. I think Brailsford was eyeing up Dumoulin there for the future!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Some amount of horse manure on here. As JKBMC says above there was no madness, best rider wins TT by 21 seconds. WOW!. And as for the poor fella who doesn't like Froome, hope your stance doesn't spoil their dinner tonight.

As far as I can see there was almost nothing surprising about today, which isn't surprising at this stage of the race.

Hope Dan can hold onto top 10. Wonder will he go all conservative and mark Purito and Kreuziger next two days. Doesn't sound like him but you never know.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

JK.BMC wrote: »
    Madness? Why? Froome was the best before today and has proven it again. Made good time in the second half of the test, including the downhill.

There was a near 30 second turn around from the first splits. I just mean madness in the sense in how he not only beat Tom's time but smashed it and smashed the who field.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Nairo Quintana
    Itziger wrote: »
    Hope Dan can hold onto top 10. Wonder will he go all conservative and mark Purito and Kreuziger next two days. Doesn't sound like him but you never know.

I think Dan should be able to hold on to 10th position. He has a 53 second advantage over Purito and a 66 second lead over Kreuziger.

Although they both were faster than Dan today, I'm confident that he'll still be stronger than the them in the two remaining mountain stages.

The worst case scenario in my opinion would be if either Purito or Kreuziger attacked on a climb and Sky don't up the tempo to bring them back. And Dan doesn't chase because he is expecting Sky to do it.

Also, Meintjes is only three seconds ahead of Dan, so it's obviously possible that Dan could gain a position, but Valverde in 8th place is too far of a gap.

I think Dan should be able to hold on to 10th position. He has a 53 second advantage over Purito and a 66 second lead over Kreuziger.

Although they both were faster than Dan today, I'm confident that he'll still be stronger than the them in the two remaining mountain stages.

The worst case scenario in my opinion would be if either Purito or Kreuziger attacked on a climb and Sky don't up the tempo to bring them back. And Dan doesn't chase because he is expecting Sky to do it.

Also, Meintjes is only three seconds ahead of Dan, so it's obviously possible that Dan could gain a position, but Valverde in 8th place is too far of a gap.

Well why shouldn't Dan attack, surely he is far enough back now that Sky will give him some leeway, if he gets a few minutes he may yet get near the podium

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I thought the Euros were pretty boring. Sure, Ireland got everyone excited, then Iceland and Wales, but overall not the best tournament.

Then Wimbledon wasn't as electric as previous years (nothing will top 2008 for me!).

But then along comes the Tour, unless you're a Froome fan and marvel at Sky's total domination of the race, it's been a disaster of a sporting spectacle. I wonder how it will be looked at in years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Nairo Quintana
    donfers wrote: »
    Well why shouldn't Dan attack, surely he is far enough back now that Sky will give him some leeway, if he gets a few minutes he may yet get near the podium

Well Dan attacked yesterday... And Sky immediately upped the tempo and reeled him back in fairly quickly.

Why did Sky chase him down, I don't know. He wasn't a threat to GC yesterday anymore than he is now after today's stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Well Dan attacked yesterday... And Sky immediately upped the tempo and reeled him back in fairly quickly.

Why did Sky chase him down, I don't know. He wasn't a threat to GC yesterday anymore than he is now after today's stage.

I don't think they did....the just kept going at their relentless monospeed brilliance

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Nairo Quintana
    DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I thought the Euros were pretty boring. Sure, Ireland got everyone excited, then Iceland and Wales, but overall not the best tournament.

Then Wimbledon wasn't as electric as previous years (nothing will top 2008 for me!).

But then along comes the Tour, unless you're a Froome fan and marvel at Sky's total domination of the race, it's been a disaster of a sporting spectacle. I wonder how it will be looked at in years to come.

It's been a terrible tour. Worse than last year but nowhere near as bad as 2012. That was shocking.

Sky have chocked the life from the Tour. What can you do but move on and hope it's different next year.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Brian? wrote: »
    What can you do but move on and hope it's different next year.

Watch the Vuelta later this year, should be good with Contador, Froome & Quintana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Watch the Vuelta later this year, should be good with Contador, Froome & Quintana

Plus Chavez, Aru, and Martin at his favourite grand tour :D God I love the Vuelta

Advertisement