Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Vs Haven

• 20-07-2016 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I sought mortgage approval from AIB & a Broker. AIB gave me the nod as did the Broker through Haven. As Haven are under the AIB group the mortgage terms are basically identical. Wondering who to go with - I've been stung by a different bank in the past hence the broker. Would go with the broker but concerned that Haven may be flogged off rather than subsumed into AIB proper leaving me exposed. Would anyone know if this is likely?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

i think i read on the askaboutmoney forum that even though haven are owned by aib they weren't passing on the aib reduced rates to their variable mortgage customers. this might have changed now

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SeriousJusice

I think their arm was twisted - they're passing it on now. AIB are also offering free fees on the current a/c you use to pay your mortgage but this doesn't apply to Haven customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Yeah see the mortgage rate has reduced from 3.75% to 3.5% today. Saw that on bonkers.ie website but didn't see it in the news anywhere. Will have to enquire tomorrow.
    http://www.havenmortgages.ie/mortgage-rates.html

Advertisement