Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with internet

Options
  • 20-07-2016 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

My internet is constantly dropping and im hoping to rule out the problem on my end rather than spend ages on the phone with sky doing their tests.

When I had Sky Q installed the technician replaced the master socket with a prefiltered one as I told him I was getting fibre sometime this year. The sky hub is plugged directly into this.

There is a phone plugged into a socket upstair with a micro filter attached to it. Sky sent me a new one a couple of months ago when I complained of a similar problem.

There is no other phone connected to any sockets elsewhere in the house. One thing i am suspicious of is that I removed phone sockets in two rooms and just left the cables in the box with a blank plate on them, though this has been the case for a few years and im only getting problems now.

Should I cut the ends of these cables to rule out them touching?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Has the house now or in the past had a monitored alarm. If yes you've stuff to check, if not its a safe bet the fault is external.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

No, has an alarm but not monitored now or ever before. The Sky hub diagnostic page kept popping up this morning say there was a fault between the hub and the prefiltered socket.

I kept telling sky last time that nothing had changed in the house but they insisting on doing tests and basically just sent me out a new filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The callout costs them €100 so its a business driver for them to troubleshoot thrice escalate once.

You just have to keep at them.

Advertisement