Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin on a whim

Options
  • 20-07-2016 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Does anyone think this is a good idea? The reason why I ask is because I'm currently seeking a new career in the Digital Marketing industry, and most of the internships for this industry seem to be based there. I'm currently based in Cork but somehow, I think I would have a better chance of being offered one if I'm already based there. Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

if you've no job you'll never afford Dublin rents, unless you are prepared to live in a literal shoebox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

It's a great idea, a better idea is moving somewhere with better weather and fitter women/men whatever takes your fancy.

You'd really need to give quite a bit more information before someone can even approach offering you advice. I'd try and have about €10K in savings behind you before doing it but if you've got that and don't want to live somewhere fitting the above criteria have at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Microdot

Thirty years ago i jumped off the magic bus in London on a whim with no job and nowhere to live and a hundred quid in my pocket. I walked the streets of London the whole day looking for a job and got one scrubbing pots and pans. That night i slept in a Tv room in a B+B because there were no rooms left. For the next few weeks i slept in Hostels B+B's and rough on till i got my wages and lived a little better. Stuck it out for twenty five years. You don't always need somewhere to live and a job in hand to make it in the World.
    Go for it Op.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Digital Marketing is the ultimate bull**** eternal internship sector

More chance of a wage in scrubbing pots and pans

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

There are plenty of digital marketing internships around in Dublin and plenty of jobs in the sector but be aware that most of the internships are probably companies looking for free labour and won't take you on at the end of your internship. Not only that, a lot of them call the position digital marketing but has feck all to do with adwords, social media ads and basically all the networks one would be required to know and understand as a digital marketer. My advice when looking for an internship is to see if they specifically mention the likes of adwords, adroll, google content, email marketing, lead gen etc.
    On the plus side if you find one of these and get some experience you will have options in the job market in Dublin. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement