Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to leave job 2 problems !!

Options
  • 20-07-2016 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I'm looking to leave my current job. My boss is always making fun of me and some of my colleagues aren't any better!. I've recently bought a house which is going through probate at the moment and also my company wants 2 months notice.
    1. Can I leave my current job if I haven't drawn down my mortgage yet ?

2. Can I get around getting out of giving 2 months notice ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If you leave and are unemployed it may affect your mortgage approval depending on what stage you are at
    As for the notice you could try to negotiate it down

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

If it's as you describe just use these bunch of clowns to your own ends.

Keep your head down and work until you have your mortgage sorted and a new job lined up.

In theory your employer can peruse you for leaving before your notice is done but ingenue rap they would have the burden to prove you are so important to the company to warrant such a notice period.

Get your mortgage sorted and look for a new job, but I wouldn't leave until it suits you - then jump ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Under no condition should you leave before you have an alternative means to pay for the mortgage.....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

135man wrote: »
    I'm looking to leave my current job. My boss is always making fun of me and some of my colleagues aren't any better!. I've recently bought a house which is going through probate at the moment and also my company wants 2 months notice.
    1. Can I leave my current job if I haven't drawn down my mortgage yet ?

2. Can I get around getting out of giving 2 months notice ?

is this in your contract or is this just a request by the company?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

You seem to have given up on this job and the company.

While they may certainly be at fault leaving impacts you more than them.

What steps have you taken to resolve the issues at work.

It would seem to me that your best course of action in the short term is to try and improve your current work environment while you start a job-search.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bonyn

1. Try not to. It will affect your mortgage and you have no idea how long the process will last. Make the most of paid sick leave and annual leave.
    2. I've left jobs before without giving proper notice. If notice period is over 1 month it can rule you out for many jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭135man

is this in your contract or is this just a request by the company?

Yes this is in my contract but I read if you have under 2 years service you can give 1 weeks notice us this right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bonyn

135man wrote: »
    Yes this is in my contract but I read if you have under 2 years service you can give 1 weeks notice us this right ?

No

Advertisement