Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price increase

Options
  • 20-07-2016 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭

so you wrote to me today say youre charging me 7euro extra for an increased service
    checked on the phone today with your reps and these increased services dont affect me.he confirmed this by checking my previous bills.longer call time to uk which i dont use and more mobile calls again which i dont use.some extra sports channels which i cant get because of your hopelessly inadequate broadband service (1mb).youre rep says im currently out of contract and i cant just continue on the current package and if i dont want your new service then i will have nothing after 17 august.on the letter you state you are amending my contract but your rep confirmed im out of contract.he did offer a 5euro discount but i neglected to ask for how long.i declined this as you then are still charging extra for a service i cant avail of.are you trying to get rid of your customers or hold onto them,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭emaherx

meercat wrote: »
    so you wrote to me today say youre charging me 7euro extra for an increased service
    checked on the phone today with your reps and these increased services dont affect me.he confirmed this by checking my previous bills.longer call time to uk which i dont use and more mobile calls again which i dont use.some extra sports channels which i cant get because of your hopelessly inadequate broadband service (1mb).youre rep says im currently out of contract and i cant just continue on the current package and if i dont want your new service then i will have nothing after 17 august.on the letter you state you are amending my contract but your rep confirmed im out of contract.he did offer a 5euro discount but i neglected to ask for how long.i declined this as you then are still charging extra for a service i cant avail of.are you trying to get rid of your customers or hold onto them,

Good look with getting a useful reply from Eir on this.

They have some cut and past answers ready.

1. We are very sorry to hear that you are having speed issues with your broadband, you should talk to our technical support team about this.....

2. You could try talking to our loyalty team about some discounts......

Like you I have low broadband speed (which is not a line fault or technical issue that needs discussion but mearly, limitations of the network infrastructure in my area). Which would be fine if you were charged a fair price for the service you receive.

But it doesn't matter if you receive 1mbs or 100mbs, you pay the same price. And it doesn't matter if you just want broadband or not as Eir want to supply you with a Bundle which includes free Sports channel that doesn't work, oh and your price just happens to increase at the same time as you get your free non working sports channel.

Apart from this been bad value, it also sounds like false advertisement. As they claim to provide this sports channel for free. It's just a coincidence that the prices increase at the very same time? And not for the first time this year either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

meercat wrote: »
    Hi  meercat,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    I'll pass your feedback onto the relevant department.

-Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Would you please pass on my feedback too? I am with eircom/eir over 30 years and this is the last straw. Dressing up a price increase as if you are giving me something special. I accept  that prices rise from time to time but increasing MY charges to pay for a sports channel YOU bought and I do not want, nor will ever watch, and then trying to sell it as if you are gifting me something is the marketing blunder of the decade. Then, to offer me €5 off for six months is an insult. Just give me my old package back, without sports. "Free"? Rubbish. You are charging ALL customers for it. I'm taking the €5 per month and using the six months to sort out new landline and broadband options. Loyalty my eye.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Would you please pass on my feedback too? I am with eircom/eir over 30 years and this is the last straw. Dressing up a price increase as if you are giving me something special. I accept  that prices rise from time to time but increasing MY charges to pay for a sports channel YOU bought and I do not want, nor will ever watch, and then trying to sell it as if you are gifting me something is the marketing blunder of the decade. Then, to offer me €5 off for six months is an insult. Just give me my old package back, without sports. "Free"? Rubbish. You are charging ALL customers for it. I'm taking the €5 per month and using the six months to sort out new landline and broadband options. Loyalty my eye.
    Same here. Cancelled on Friday.

Advertisement