Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaf Blower

Options
  • 20-07-2016 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a decent leaf blower for around 150
    Euro 200 max?
    Ideally with a vacuum option and bag too.
    Mainly just for blowing grass off Tarmac and that kind of thing
    Vacuum would be useful for picking up leaves after hedge clipping twice a year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

Just wondering how you got on with your Leaf Blower / Vacuum ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I wouldn't worry about the vacuum option as they have a serious tendency to clog with any sort of damp leaves, better to blow into a pile or just rake up.

Make sure the end of the blower nozzel focuses the air, rather than just a pipe end, works well for wet leaves on tarmac. Like the end nozzel on this one:

$_35.JPG?set_id=2

I have a Sthil BG85, 16 years old and still blowing with no problems apart from replacing the spark plug every now and then. I am guessing it has been replaced by the Stihl BG86. My 85 is a very reliable machine.

Few second hand on ebay for your under €200 plus postage
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=stihl+hand+blower&rt=nc

Advertisement