Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AOV Backup Power

Options
  • 20-07-2016 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the regs are with regards emergency backup power for AOV panels?

Can AOV panels be battery backup only or is a standby generator required in the event of mains failure?

Any cheaper solutions to a standby generator for AOV panels?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

DOn't know current regs, but when I fitted one about 8 years ago, at the time the architect and I scoured all the regs we could find, and were satisfied with fitting a local UPS in a somewhat fire proof box adjacent. It was a kitchen shutter in our case.

ANy other AOVs I fitted at the top of staircores were all spring open types...

Your application has to be powered to go to the safe position?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Yes. On fire alarm activation a 24v actuator drives the AOV open. When the fire alarm is reset the actuator closes the AOV. Its all done through an I/O unit local to the AOV.

Not sure what power the actuator pulls but from having a look online other actuators pull about 0.5 amps. However this system could be different. I think there is about 60 AOVs in total so about 30 amps or so

Advertisement