Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car hire spain request

Options
  • 20-07-2016 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Looking to rent a car from Barcelona airport end of September, wondering best online firm to deal with and oif there are any discount codes available.
    Thanks
    Maniac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi

You can get a Polo for a week for €70
    https://www.arguscarhire.com/
    I've used Centauro via argus a few times from Malaga and found them very good to deal with (usually outside the airport and use a shuttle bus, but this can be better than driving get-out or get-in of the airport.
    Buy your own car hire excess insurance ( a few companies do it online) €50 should cover you for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

be careful with some of the cheaper car hire cos, firefly, sol y mar, Goldcar ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Booked a car with doyouspain website, got it €30 cheaper than Enterprise but picked it up from them and got their great service. Stay away from cheap outfits, they usually find a way to make it cost more for crap service.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

I have used arguscarhire.com for my last 6 x trips to Spain.
    So I'm heading there again in mid September for a week (8 days)
    There are four of us - so I'm looking at a Ford Focus or similar.
    The results are
    Record €32.99, InterRent €35, Marbesol €39, Goldcar €40, Centauro €40,
    Hertz is €254 (with the same terms as above CDW with an excess of €3000)
    Enterprise is €280 which includes CDW - no excess

You can purchase the CWD insurance at time of booking for €60 (with AXA) through arguscarhire or you can purchase your own annual policy for about the same price (few companies).
    So €40 + €60 = €100 versus €280 (and if you hire twice within a 12 month period, you already have your CWD insurance)

They all operate a Full to Full policy or a pre-purchase and they all will charge the fuel at a premium
    They will all try and sell you something Insurance, satnav etc.

I like Centauro, as I have had good experience the last few uses and their location suits me (I hate getting in & out of Malaga airport)
    Record is cheaper - but I have read bad reviews of customer service which might be to do with how busy they are (July & Aug are peak times for all companies)
    Previous trips, I've gotten a Nissan Duke, Opel Corsa Ford Focus & VW Polo, all were fairly new, clean and in good order.

Fingers crossed - I continue to have good experience.

Advertisement