Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolicited Contract change notification = Price increase for stuff I don't use

Options
  • 20-07-2016 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

got a letter from Eir today telling me that I will now be charged an extra €5 per month for the following:

Extra phone time
    • 30 off-peak minutes to call all Irish mobiles plus unlimited calls to eir mobiles
    [*]

Eir sport
    • 6 sports channels
    [*]

Price guarantee
    • No price change to Jan 1 2018
    [*]

If Eir bothered to check my account at all you will see that I make approximately 6-7 calls per month, all to LANDLINES, not mobiles, so this 'improvement' is of no use to me at all.

Eir sport? I don't watch sport except when I'm in someone else's house and they have it on their TV...I 100% guarantee you, I won't be watching Eir sport... I won't be downloading the app or registering on your site either.

This is absolutely outrageous. I've had a lot of problems with eir since I joined you 2 years ago but this is sickeningly bad. Eir is treating customers like dirt with this crappy move!

I see plenty of others feel the same too:
    https://community.eir.ie/new-eir-sport-316/increase-my-eir-bundle-bill-new-eir-sport-launch-266617/index2.html

They are getting the usual 'Oh, sorry you don't like this, I'll pass your feedback on' rubbish...

I know nothing will change but I'm voicing my disgust. I don't think there are any other options for me where I live but I will investigate anyway. I'll be calling customer loyalty looking for a major discount as a result of this and will continue to do so until I get one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Good luck trying to get a major discount from them! I was the same as yourself - with them for 2 years, just out of contract. Rarely use the house phone, don't watch sports channels. When I rang Eir to complain they harped on about the improved service we were going to get (in fact our broadband service had actually declined in recent weeks) and how we would be able to watch these great sports channels, oh we could watch Conor McGregor fights! I've no interest in MMA! No budging from Eir whatsoever in terms of packages or pricing, I was happy with the package we were on but told that bundle not available anymore, all they would give was a measly €5 discount. They had already given us a €2 price increase earlier this year. Gave my 30 days notice and that didn't even sway them for a last minute deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Jesus, that's horrendous. Absolute scumbaggery at it's finest from Eir. If I get anything from them, I'll let you know. :(
    In the meantime, I've found an alternative broadband supplier in my area, just need to get some tests done to make sure that I'll receive a consistently good service day and night. Phone, I can do without completely but I'll check out vodafone anyway.

If I can get away from Eir, I definitely will now. As someone else said in another thread, it's like we're back in the Celtic Tiger days when this type of scummy behaviour was normal.

When I lived in the UK it was illegal for a telecoms provider to change your contract or move you to another contract without consent. I spent 8 years with TalkTalk over there, on the same package, despite their numerous attempts to move me to 'better value' contracts, that on close examination proved to offer me no useful benefits and would only increase my bills. Wish it was the same here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

r3nu4l wrote: »
    got a letter from Eir today telling me that I will now be charged an extra €5 per month for the following:

Extra phone time
    • 30 off-peak minutes to call all Irish mobiles plus unlimited calls to eir mobiles

[*]

Eir sport
    • 6 sports channels

[*]

Price guarantee
    • No price change to Jan 1 2018

[*]

If Eir bothered to check my account at all you will see that I make approximately 6-7 calls per month, all to LANDLINES, not mobiles, so this 'improvement' is of no use to me at all.

Eir sport? I don't watch sport except when I'm in someone else's house and they have it on their TV...I 100% guarantee you, I won't be watching Eir sport... I won't be downloading the app or registering on your site either.

This is absolutely outrageous. I've had a lot of problems with eir since I joined you 2 years ago but this is sickeningly bad. Eir is treating customers like dirt with this crappy move!

I see plenty of others feel the same too:
    https://community.eir.ie/new-eir-sport-316/increase-my-eir-bundle-bill-new-eir-sport-launch-266617/index2.html

They are getting the usual 'Oh, sorry you don't like this, I'll pass your feedback on' rubbish...

I know nothing will change but I'm voicing my disgust. I don't think there are any other options for me where I live but I will investigate anyway. I'll be calling customer loyalty looking for a major discount as a result of this and will continue to do so until I get one.
    [*]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]r3nu4l,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear you feel this way. If this package does not suit your needs I would recommend contacting our loyalty team to explore your options on 1800307183. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]- Pamela [/font]

Advertisement