Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you Like to see a Border poll Ban

Options
  • 21-07-2016 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I was banned from AH for three days for insulting another boards poster (Lt. Dan) in the 'Would you Like to see a Border Poll' thread. I was banned by 'Ken'.

I dont dispute the ban as I dont contest that I had in fact insulted another Boards poster. I generally never insult other Boards posters but this guy really took the biscuit and pulled my strings. Nonetheless - no excuses - I accept the ban.

My issue is the fact that I have been banned, yet Lt. Dan has got off scot free. This lad has used shockingly inflammatory language throughout the thread and has goaded plenty of posters, myself included. He has even been warned by the mods - a courtesy I was not extended.

I would like to know why I was banned and he was not? He continues to post as before.

The post for which I was banned was responded to by the aforementioned poster where he saidm

No wonder why the Irish have often been stereotyped as stupid.

What am I to take from that? Was I singled out as he sided against me in a political discussion?

I PM'd the mod twice but recieved no reply.

P.S

I posted a thread in Feedback just before I read the charter and was then unable to delete the thread there - that will need to be deleted - sorry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm afraid it's Boards policy not to discuss mod actions related to posters with third parties. You are free to appeal your ban here, otherwise I'll close the thread. Please let me know either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

You can close the thread. I will consider it a protest.

I would ask you to look at the posts of the Lt. Dan as they are ridiculous to be fair.

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement