Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

american 220v dewalt table saw

Options
  • 21-07-2016 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭

Hi

Will an american 220v dewalt table saw work on this side of the atlantic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

its 120v not 220v :(

There is a (1300 Watts 110 version for UK Only) which will need a 110 traffo

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I can't see any 220 volt option for that DeWalt. Just out of interest, if you have your heart set on some American machine ( and they do have the best consumer market in the world ) its worth asking if it can have a 220 volt motor fitted in the factory. I did this with a Woodmaster drum sander. OK, you have to ship it over but its a joy to use and I have no regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

The great American vs European saw debate again.::p The American saw will have a 5/8" bore which makes getting blades problematic. It will however take a dado blade and other specialized blades for finger jointing etc. You would have to run it off a 110 volt transformer and it will run a little slower than in the US due to the 60/50 hertz difference in the current. Let us know if you go ahead !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

recipio wrote: »
    The great American vs European saw debate again.::p The American saw will have a 5/8" bore which makes getting blades problematic. It will however take a dado blade and other specialized blades for finger jointing etc. You would have to run it off a 110 volt transformer and it will run a little slower than in the US due to the 60/50 hertz difference in the current. Let us know if you go ahead !

Do they? Neighbor has an American 110 DeWalt table saw imported when he moved from America (runs fine on a yellow site transformer) and it takes exactly the same blades as my UK DeWalt table saw blades, iirc its a 30mm bore.

my3cents wrote: »
    Do they? Neighbor has an American 110 DeWalt table saw imported when he moved from America (runs fine on a yellow site transformer) and it takes exactly the same blades as my UK DeWalt table saw blades, iirc its a 30mm bore.

5/8" is the standard American size - just look at every sawblade on Amazon.com and they will be 5/8" . I have seen 5/8" blades bored out to 30mm at the UK shows but that's done by the retailer afaik.

Advertisement