Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving money from your Variable Rate Call Deposit account to your current account?

Options
  • 21-07-2016 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi, I accidentally had money deposited in my deposit account instead of my current account, before going on holidays, I am now stuck without cash in the US. Can you advise me as to how I might  get the money moved into my current account ? Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

jwof2006 wrote: »
    Hi, I accidentally had money deposited in my deposit account instead of my current account, before going on holidays, I am now stuck without cash in the US. Can you advise me as to how I might  get the money moved into my current account ? Thank you
    Hi jwof2006, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

Have you added this deposit account to view on 365 Online? If so, you can request to withdraw the funds from the account online. Select the Withdraw Funds button next to the deposit account name on your 365 Home page. The funds will then transfer into your Current account. So for example, if you make this request today, the request will then be processed tomorrow Friday and will then be transferred into your Current account by Monday evening. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jwof2006

Hi Sarah, I have the deposit account online but can't withdraw funds from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Sarah, I have the deposit account online but can't withdraw funds from it.
    Hi, 

If you can view the balance online, there would usually be the Withdraw Funds button next to it. 

If this option isn't next to the account name, it would be best to call BOI Direct on +35314044000 for a representative to look into this. Our representatives are available on this number 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

The facility to withdraw doesn't seem to be available to variable rate call accounts, is there any way it can be enabled? I tried calling there but ran out of credit I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi, 

We're very sorry to hear this. Regrettably, as we don't have account access here, it would be necessary to speak to a representative on the numbers which Sarah provided above. They will be able to review the account and advise you on the best way to retrieve your funds. 

I am sorry that we were unable to resolve your query here. 

Elaine 

• Advertisement

No problem, got sorted in the end thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

No problem, got sorted in the end thanks.
    Hi jwof2006, 

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Janette

Advertisement