Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rath Lodge, Ashbourne

Options
  • 21-07-2016 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on the Rath Lodge Estate in Ashbourne. I know Pyrite is an issue there, but the house we are looking at has been fixed. I'd be very grateful if anyone could give me their opinions on the estate, any issues which may be there etc etc

Thanks
    Ash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

If the house has been repaired then there is no issue. Ensure there is a certificate in place to say the house has been repaired and it has a green card cert to say it is Pyrite free. Rathlodge is currently just starting remediation so its possible this house was repaired outside the remediation scheme. Do not buy without the engineers cert being presented because if it has not been repaired you will not qualify for the remediation scheme. Phone the engineer to confirm the cert is genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

If the house has been repaired then there is no issue. Ensure there is a certificate in place to say the house has been repaired and it has a green card cert to say it is Pyrite free. Rathlodge is currently just starting remediation so its possible this house was repaired outside the remediation scheme. Do not buy without the engineers cert being presented because if it has not been repaired you will not qualify for the remediation scheme. Phone the engineer to confirm the cert is genuine.

Thanks for that Rory. As far as we know, the house has only been fixed within the last month or two. We have indicated to the estate agents that we would need all the certs to ensure bank are satisfied.

Anyone have any opinions on the estate itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

ash xxx wrote: »
    Thanks for that Rory. As far as we know, the house has only been fixed within the last month or two. We have indicated to the estate agents that we would need all the certs to ensure bank are satisfied.

Anyone have any opinions on the estate itself?

I find it a terribly cramped estate, when you drive in there's a feeling of houses on top of each other I've always found.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

Thanks Niall. We've had a drive around alright, there seems to be quite a bit of parking along the road. However, it seems a lot of the newer estates have that feel to it. We were also looking at Millbourne but this seems as crowded and smaller back gardens.

Advertisement