Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carvery (or good feed) in City Centre

Options
  • 21-07-2016 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Wondering if there's anywhere in the city centre that does an afternoon carvery, or at least a good big spud-y feed?

Have a group going down for a weekend session soon and lining the stomachs in the afternoon (Friday and Saturday) will be a priority.

Not looking for anything fancy - just good hearty pub grub. Grateful for all recommendations

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Not sure about City Centre but the Wilton bar do a great feed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Milly33 wrote: »
    Not sure about City Centre but the Wilton bar do a great feed

I've never been but Larry Tompkin's on Lavit's Quay advertise very typical pub food.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Not so much carvery - but had a great brunch in Electric on Sunday. Their full Irish is huge - and they do a wonderful Hash (which is a plate full of diced fried potatoes and spring onions with meat of the day - which was gammon last week and topped with 2 fried eggs). OMG - this was perfect soak-age and fill-age for the day (if such words can be used). They also have a lunch menu - but it's my weekend brunch destination for ever more :-)

If it's Chinese they want (including Dim Sum) then a big feed at Yung Ming Yung on Princess Street.

Best burgers in town - Gourmet Burget on Bridge St - (I always thought better than any of the newer burger venues).

Prob best to go to one of the city hotels if you're looking for a roast dinner.

Hope that helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Clancys do nice grub too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Imperial Hotel do a good carvery as well as salads and quiches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

Much appreciated all! The more recs the better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Strasbourg Goose on French Church St does very nice food. Will get a good feed and is reasonable. Right in the city too really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Partial to an aul ham, cabbage and spuds in the Oliver Plunkett

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

I see a place called Comix on Maylor street coming up on social media a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Hard to beat Weatherspoons for a decent affordable bitta grub in the city centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭goochy

Ha ha . Assume that's sarcasm

Advertisement