Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharepoint Sync Client

Options
  • 21-07-2016 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im wondering if anyone knows of any good alternative to OneDrive4Business (groove.exe) as a sharepoint sync client or even if one exists?

Any advice is appreciated

Cheers in advance
    Dpjmie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Did you find anything to allow this other than onedrive? I am also looking now, I would like the abality to download all from sharepoint to my clients desktops and still keep permissions on folders.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

jamesd wrote: »
    Did you find anything to allow this other than onedrive? I am also looking now, I would like the abality to download all from sharepoint to my clients desktops and still keep permissions on folders.

Hey

I was able to mount the SP path as a shared drive. You need to sign into the SP in Internet Explorer and remember to check the sign in details... There is a guide I will post later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Will this only work for onsite Sharepoint? We are only online.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

jamesd wrote: »
    Will this only work for onsite Sharepoint? We are only online.

Our SP was online and not local.....

1) Sign in online using Internet Explorer (Remember to choose remember pass)

2) Look along the top tabs for Open in Explorer (In your home dir)

3) When file explorer opens, map the address that is in the Address bar.

Note: If you clear cache & cookies in IE, it will remove the credentials for the SP mapping.

Advertisement