Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldcastle GP - 31st July

Options
  • 21-07-2016 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi, details of our clubs upcoming race on the Bank Holiday weekend. I'll have the finalised route up soon.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

calistro wrote: »
    Hi, details of our clubs upcoming race on the Bank Holiday weekend. I'll have the finalised route up soon.

Hilly, rolly or flat?

ETA sorry just seen you've to finalise the route yet

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Mostly flat with downhills only and a tailwind at all times :D:D......will post Strava/Ride with GPS details tomorrow but it's mostly flat with a few small digs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

just to add that the oldcastle gp is part of le cheile festival weekend so theres plenty of entertainment for the whole family during the day.all races lap through the town too.on a side note the mountnugent gp takes place the evening before(10km away)if anyone fancies a race weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Any news on the route

Yeah , sorry for the delay. Will have it up tomorrow evening or first thing Monday. Had to do a bit of an adjustment due to a tractor run happening on the same day.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Is there showers available after the race?

LCD wrote: »
    Is there showers available after the race?

Not at the sign on venue unfortunately, just toilet facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

calistro wrote: »
    Yeah , sorry for the delay. Will have it up tomorrow evening or first thing Monday. Had to do a bit of an adjustment due to a tractor run happening on the same day.

Get great strava times behind the Tractors! :cool:

Best of luck with the race lads....

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

calistro is the start/finish line far from the sign on..plan on going and bringing my 12 year old also.

• Advertisement

Yes, sign on is only about 400m from the start/finish line. A couple of minutes walk. Loads on during the day for the younger ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Think I'll give this a bash , although I mightn't last too long as only flying back in from holliers the night before

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

perfect..thanks calistro.

Due to predicted numbers for the A1/A2 race we will now have to introduce a handicap start for A1/A2/A3 race as opposed to separate races as indicated earlier. Apologies for any inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

Well done great race and well marshalled. thanks to all organisers and marshalls and helpers.

Really well marshaled race yesterday , I did the A4 , my race ended with 8km to go when my chain dropped whilst out of the saddle causing me to whack my knee off the bar ends .
    Well done to the young lad who got the win , I don't think anyone realists he went up the road .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

It was a bunch sprint,the lad up the road got caught.

No it wasn't , he won by quite a bit , the sprint decided the other places

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Not in A4 it wasn't. 2nd and 3rd in that race thought they had gotten 1st and second respectively, but there were vehicles between the winner and them, so no bunch sprint for the win.

Advertisement