Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child internet safety (word search)

Options
  • 21-07-2016 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Does anyone know if there's a way of preventing (ie. through settings or a (preferably free) special programme) a child from searching for certain words on search engines like Google, Yahoo etc on both Android and Mac/PC so that when they search for those words or phrases nothing shows up at all.

I've looked into a programme called Mobicep but found a few reviews from people where they said it ended blocking access to everything. One person said they couldn't even open Google anymore. Obviously I'd like to avoid a scenario like that!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

OpenDNS has some good security features.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I used to use K9 security - can customise it to exclude certain topics. Can turn it off for a fixed length of time if the kids need to do research on stuff that might be in the banned list (abortion, sex, drugs etc).
    It used to be free - don't know now cos it's been a while since I used it.

Sorry - K9 Web Protection. Was on phone earlier and couldn't check.

Advertisement