Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zero amount transactions on account

Options
  • 21-07-2016 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭

Hi. I play the lotto online occasionally (with little success).  On 17th July last, I amended my payment card type on the site from a BOI Mastercard to a Visa Debit card. Now when I check my BOI current account, there are two credits which appear on my transaction history. Both have the narrative "17JUL WWW LOTTERY IE" and both have a credit amount of ZERO. They are definitely shadow transactions. They keep reapplying to transaction history on a daily basis. Hopefully they'll drop off over the next day or two. I just wish to flag you that this is happening, as it doesn't look right

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Ally Dick, 

Thanks for getting in contact with us here. 

It sounds like the company are applying a credit amount of zero to your account. We would suggest contacting the company to query why this is. I will certainly pass your feedback onto our team in the meantime however, if you get an update from the company please let us know. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Thanks Elaine. I wonder should zero amount transactions be allowed through the system? Sounds incorrect to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Ally Dick, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Refunds or credits are processed from the retailers side so it would be best to check this process with them directly. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Hi. There's another zero credit on my account from Spotify. Should the shadow processing in BOI be allowing zero amounts through? Once again I amended my method of payment from credit card to visa debit. That's all I did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Hi. There's another zero credit on my account from Spotify. Should the shadow processing in BOI be allowing zero amounts through? Once again I amended my method of payment from credit card to visa debit. That's all I did
    Hi Ally Dick, 

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties with this. Have you contacted Spotify to query?

Thanks
    Janette

• Advertisement

Hi Ally Dick, 

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties with this. Have you contacted Spotify to query?

Thanks
    Janette

I've been in touch with Spotify and their response is :
    "The pending charge is part of your bank's authorisation process.
    As the transaction has not completed, you won't get billed. The authorisation will expire and the funds will be returned shortly"

So it seems that certain sites will generate an authorising transaction when payment method is changed from credit card to Visa Debit card. The same has occured with Lottery account.
    I'm still unsure if it the bank or the sites are generating these credits.

I'm aware that these are shadow postings, and will fall off after no more than 5 days. So I am not overly concerned about that.

I just think that a zero transaction should not be allowed to post to shadow.
    If it was appearing on transaction history, it would not be acceptable !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi Ally Dick, 

Thanks for your post.

Thanks
    Janette

I've been in touch with Spotify and their response is :
    "The pending charge is part of your bank's authorisation process.
    As the transaction has not completed, you won't get billed. The authorisation will expire and the funds will be returned shortly"

So it seems that certain sites will generate an authorising transaction when payment method is changed from credit card to Visa Debit card. The same has occured with Lottery account.
    I'm still unsure if it the bank or the sites are generating these credits.

I'm aware that these are shadow postings, and will fall off after no more than 5 days. So I am not overly concerned about that.

I just think that a zero transaction should not be allowed to post to shadow.
    If it was appearing on transaction history, it would not be acceptable !
    Good morning Ally Dick, 

Thanks for coming back to us, we'll pass on your feedback. 

If there's anything else we can help with please let us know, 

Thanks
    Janette

Advertisement