Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too far from cabinet?

Options
  • 21-07-2016 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I live in a rural area. I currently get eir's 5 Mb broadband (typically 3.5 to 4 Mb in reality) to my house. I have been keeping an eye on the eFibre coverage map and recently the cabinet closest to my house was upgraded to eFibre.

I got very excited about this until I inquired and found out I need to be within 1km of the cabinet to get eFibre. Unfortunately I am approximately 3.5 or maybe even 4km from the cabinet.

My question therefore is, based on this is there any way at all i can get increased broadband service? By the way I am not even sure that my house is connected to the nearest cabinet, it could be connected directly to the local exchange. I have asked about this before but nobody could or would tell me for sure. I would love confirmation on that too!

Can you help me out?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Mark_LL wrote: »
    Hi, I live in a rural area. I currently get eir's 5 Mb broadband (typically 3.5 to 4 Mb in reality) to my house. I have been keeping an eye on the eFibre coverage map and recently the cabinet closest to my house was upgraded to eFibre.

I got very excited about this until I inquired and found out I need to be within 1km of the cabinet to get eFibre. Unfortunately I am approximately 3.5 or maybe even 4km from the cabinet.

My question therefore is, based on this is there any way at all i can get increased broadband service? By the way I am not even sure that my house is connected to the nearest cabinet, it could be connected directly to the local exchange. I have asked about this before but nobody could or would tell me for sure. I would love confirmation on that too!

Can you help me out?

Thanks.
    Hi Mark_LL,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

In regards to your broadband speeds, have you spoke with our technical support team and troubleshooted these issues with them? They will be able to determine if you can get more broadband than what you are currently getting. If you wish to speak with them you can contact them directly on 1890-260-260 or freephone 1901.

I would be more than happy to check where your line is connected too if you would like to PM me your account details. Also you can view the most up to date information in the link below. I would recommend you register your details in this link so as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

Advertisement