Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a job asap... please help

Options
  • 21-07-2016 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

So as the title says, I need a job and very quickly. I got the sack recently from my previous job which was for a very unfair reason when it wasn't me fault, since I got the sack 3 people have handed in their notice of leave and everything but still I haven't been offered my job back, I was told my position was secure so I went and got myself a credit union loan, which I pay back 50 euro a week and now have to pay for petrol etc etc as I purchased my first car, I'm 19. Currently had to sign on the dole and am getting 100 euro a week, I literally can't even go around in my car anymore as I have no money what so ever to run it, I'm extremely stressed over this and just need to find myself a new job, is there anywhere that is recruiting or looking for people? I will do anything, I'm in the Wicklow area but willing to go into Dublin etc for work, Please help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,564 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Sell the car, pay back the loan. Silly to have a loan when you've no steady income.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭BaaLamb

Hi,

Have you checked out the job boards like indeed.com? Have you your CV up to date? What kind of job did you lose and what kind of job are you looking for? There are recruitment agencies based in Wicklow, have you tried any of them yet? I know most jobs are in Dublin but you could also look towards Wexford and see if there is anything going in that area. Can you maybe talk to the credit union and ask them for reduced payments or a short payment freeze while you get back on your feet? I think you need to put a legwork into this yourself to get a new job.

Advertisement