Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrade bike or improve existing biken (opinions please)

Options
  • 21-07-2016 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

hi all. I'm on a 2015 cube peleton race with 105.

I think I cycle enough and race enough to warrant a half decent bike that I can be proud of.

I was looking at putting some Zondas on or some form of carbon rim, maybe change up the saddle.

Either that or upgrade to a carbon bike.

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Buy a new bike and put zondas on that. Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

I found a carbon bike to be a major upgrade, and well worth it. There's lots to choose from...I really like the Cannondale Super Six Evo, but then it's the only one I know at all well. As everyone will tell you, Canyon and Rose are very competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Rule of thumb, next bike should be at least double the value of the first bike!

Is that a velominati rule? it should be! ;)

Chances are you won't upgrade for awhile after your second bike so make it a worthwhile investment. If you can't afford a full new bike then wheels are always a good upgrade. I really noticed the difference going from stock Giant wheels to Zondas.

I have the Cube Attempt, 2011 model of your bike, it's now my winter/commute bike and I still like it but my carbon Giant just feels more great compared to it!

Clearly I took longshanks advice, because I did buy a new bike and put Zondas on it :D

BTW I don't race and could still justify a new bike. Probably could justify a 3rd now... hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

New bike and new wheels, at least that's what I did!

Alu to Carbon
    105 to Ultegra
    Stock wheels to Kyrsium sl. Pro

Always get a new bike, you know you want too....

Advertisement